Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    You need small ones to clear the front struts. 5mm is plenty. The rear doesn't need any, but if you want the balanced look 10mm back there would do that.

215/40/16 tires are the recommended size.

Jay
    Thanks for the info. One last Question. For the offset should I get et 15, et25 or et30?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsports_3 View Post
      Thanks for the info. One last Question. For the offset should I get et 15, et25 or et30?
      ET15 all around.

Jay

Comment

Jay,

7x15 et12 alpinas?
        edit: on an 88 cabrio
        Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
        That Guy.
        03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post
          Jay,

7x15 et12 alpinas?
          edit: on an 88 cabrio
          Those are E21/'02 fitment, and may not clear the calipers. If they do, run 195 or 205 width tires to make it past the fenders.

Jay

Comment

Ok here's a question or 2

With a 17x7.5, what offset should I run, and can the 235/35-17 fit the front and rear on my 88 with rolled fenders?

Comment

Originally posted by bwh13 View Post
              With a 17x7.5, what offset should I run, and can the 235/35-17 fit the front and rear on my 88 with rolled fenders?
              If you get ET30, you can run those tires. That's an interesting size, never heard of it.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                See the last post didn't have any questions, and now somehow this one has 5. wtf.

1. Not that I know of.
                2. Nope. But it's an excellent setup.
                3. See #1 and #2.
                4. It will take 235/40/17 with some fender rolling.
                5. See below.

Jay
                Thank goodness, I was desperetly lost.... especially on number 5. :p

I might go with 205/40/17 though. These wheels (if I can get them) are straight out of left field.... :D
                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                  Anyone rocking 17x8 +25??? Experience? Pictures? Rubbing? Jay?

I am running 17x7 et25 with 215/40-17 on koni top adjustables with H&R races and it only lightly rubs the brake duct vent tube in the front. The rears are however pretty close though on a late model with lower wheel arches. I can get pictures in a few days(out of town right now) if needed.

Comment

Yes, pictures would be great. I would like to see how the offset looks on the wheel, even though I'd be on an 8 and it would thus poke out some more. And I dont care for brake ducts. I havent had them in 2 years. :p
                    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Sorry, gave wrong tire size...

The tire should have been a 235/45-17 not 235/35-17 for the 17x7.5 wheels. Is that too wide to run on the '88 with +30 ET?

Comment

i just picked up some 15" ix wheels for my 91 318is. would i be fine running 10mm spacers? if not, what should i run?

Comment

4Hx100 @ 16x7.5 F +22 R +12 Even possible to fit that?
                          or
                          4Hx100 @ 15x6J +42

Comment

Originally posted by bwh13 View Post
                            The tire should have been a 235/45-17 not 235/35-17 for the 17x7.5 wheels. Is that too wide to run on the '88 with +30 ET?
                            It's not too wide, it's WAY TOO TALL. It will not work, period.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by E30nate View Post
                              i just picked up some 15" ix wheels for my 91 318is. would i be fine running 10mm spacers? if not, what should i run?
                              10mm is fine, but they're most likely not hubcentric at that width. Get 15mm hubcentric ones.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mot View Post
                                4Hx100 @ 16x7.5 F +22 R +12 Even possible to fit that?
                                or
                                4Hx100 @ 15x6J +42
                                The first setup is possible, if you run like 205/45/16 all around. The rear is going to be a tight fit, hence the skinny and short tires.

The second will need spacers to clear the struts. They'll mount without tires, but as soon as you throw tires on they won't spin.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X