Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Again, I will not recommend that someone buys oversized tires. And that rubbing is not because the car is too low, it's rubbing on the chassis/fender liner. Ride height won't affect that.

Jay
    It's definitely rubbing on the fenders.
    '89 325is S50 Track Montser
    '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Hey guys will these fit my car?

I mostly worried about hub size.....where could i buy a hub ring if they are the incorrect size?

Thanks, Kris

Comment

We'll supply the hubrings no charge with our E30 Kopi wheels if you should need them.
        Your hub size should be 57.1mm which is what we sell.
        Mel Abrahams
        Abrahams Motorsport
        www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
        E-mail:sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
        PayPal to:
        order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
        If you do not have a PayPal account, please call our office.
        Buy with confidence, serving the E30 community for over 14 years
        Phone:727-992-0288
        Fax:727-868-6373

Comment

Originally posted by mitch500 View Post
          i was wondering if this tire combo will work for me. first off i have to drive the e30 this winter because the e28 is out of commision, it needs a new tranny. anyways the e28 had brand new winters on it 205/70r14 and the e30 only has summer wheels. so i am getting some cheap ass bottle caps for the e30, do you think the 205/70r14's will fit my car? also it is lowered with the H&R springs. i just dont want to go and spend the money to get them mounted and put them on and find out they are not going to fit. much thanks if you can help.
          -Mitch
          I answered your PM. For future reference guys, please just keep all wheel/tire fitment questions in the thread and don't PM me. And definitely don't do both. lol.

Oh, and the answer was they won't work.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by E30nate View Post
            could i go wider even with a 55 profile?
            No. 225/50/15 has the same sidewall height as 205/55/15 anyways.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by ethirdy View Post
              I'll measure the ix hubs and the regular hubs I have, see what difference it is. But, I'm almost positive it's more than 6-7mm, because I tried fitting a standard non ix rotor on an ix hub, and it didn't even come close to lining up with the caliper/carrier. We'll see.

While we're thinking about it, how else would there be a difference in offset of so much between an ix and an i? Aren't the rear trailing arms and subframe the same, therefore the offset would be the same aside from the hubs?
              Don't look at the wheels to reverse-calculate the hub geometry. The 15x7 ET41 iX weaves sit A LOT closer to the front struts on an iX than 15x7 ET24 weaves do on a RWD car. This is why I really doubt a 17mm difference in actual hub geometry.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
                It's definitely rubbing on the fenders.
                Ahhh, you're that low indeed. I'd still look at your plastic liners as well as the metal frame ridge at the top of the wheel well. You should be hitting there, too.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by steinkek View Post
                  Hey guys will these fit my car?

I mostly worried about hub size.....where could i buy a hub ring if they are the incorrect size?

Thanks, Kris
                  Those are pretty much made for an E30.

Hub size is the last thing you need to worry about, as VW's have the same hub as our cars. If you really need rings, www.discounttiredirect.com has every size.

Jay

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by rwdrift
                    Anyone rocking 17x8 +25??? Experience? Pictures? Rubbing? Jay?

See the last post didn't have any questions, and now somehow this one has 5. wtf.

1. Not that I know of.
                    2. Nope. But it's an excellent setup.
                    3. See #1 and #2.
                    4. It will take 235/40/17 with some fender rolling.
                    5. See below.

Jay
                    Thanks for all your time & trouble! I will go with Slipstream 16X8 and RT-615 in 215-45-16 that you recommend earlier in this thread if the following won't work:

I want to run the biggest sticky tires that will fit. What about Azenis RT-615 in 235-40-17 all around with H&R, Bilstein Sports, fender rolling and camber plates? If so, what available wheels (& spacers if needed) do you recommend for best fitment?
                    Last edited by funcrew; 12-10-2007, 10:22 PM. Reason: bad spelling
                    "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

Seeing that I read through 17 pages of wheel explanations and still didn't get a clear enough answer, I'll ask the question myself.

If I were to get 16x8 with +15 offset, what would be the supreme tire size to run? 205/50, 205/45, 215/45? and I don't want to roll the fenders if at all possible.

thanks
                      E30Fiend
                      Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                      Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

I just bought a 85 318i, and would like to mount some Borbet Type C's (16x7.5), et30 (i believe) on it... need to know how wide in tire width I can go, and what size if any, spacers front and rear need to be used..

I know 225's will fit no problem on the 7.5" rim, but I need to know if they will clear the rear on the 318i and the front struts. I'm pretty sure I will need spacers in the front

I will be installed H&R OE Sport springs, with Tokico shocks on the 318i next weekend, so it will get lowered a little

Here are the major questions:

1. How wide can I go with the tire size.. it currently has 205/45's on it.. I wouldnt mind slimming it down and maybe running a 205/40 or even 215/40 or 45 if possible, depending on how expensive, maybe even 225's....

2. What size spacers do I need to run, front and rear to make these work? will my tire width change the spacers needed?

thanks in advance

Beefalicious.... its whats for dinner

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          Ahhh, you're that low indeed. I'd still look at your plastic liners as well as the metal frame ridge at the top of the wheel well. You should be hitting there, too.

Jay
                          Yes, I was running Eibachs in front and GC rear coils set fairly low. Last night I swapped in the front coilovers and set everything to the highest setting which seems to have eliminated the rubbing. I inspected everything while I was under there and I didn't see any signs of rubbing on the liners or chassis so I should be good now... You still advocate a 24" tire though, even if I can get something larger in there without rubbing?
                          '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                          '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by funcrew View Post
                            Thanks for all your time & trouble! I will go with Slipstream 16X8 and RT-615 in 215-45-16 that you recommend earlier in this thread if the following won't work:

I want to run the biggest sticky tires that will fit. What about Azenis RT-615 in 235-40-17 all around with H&R, Bilstein Sports, fender rolling and camber plates? If so, what available wheels (& spacers if needed) do you recommend for best fitment?
                            235/40/17 RT-615's are definitely doable with that equipment, I already helped a local guy get those under his S5x swap.

Getting the right wheels is the hardest part. You can use something as narrow as 17x7.5" and get away with it (as did the local guy), but 17x8" will provide the best response. One of the rare 17x8's that are available in a relatively high offset (the popular ET20 isn't useable here) is the Rota Boost, which is also really, really cheap. They are 17x8 ET32, and even come in 5 different finishes. Go here for more details.

Now with these wheels and those beefy tires, you may end up needing a very small front spacer to clear the struts. I'm talking 3mm here, which shouldn't cost more than $20 for the pair at any good local tire shop. They do not need to be made for our hubs/centerbore, any old universal deal will work. You also won't need longer lugs, so don't worry about that either.

This is actually a setup that I've been pondering doing on my E30 for years now, but now that I never drive it I probably won't get around to it anytime soon. One interesting fact is that you probably won't even need to roll the fenders; the fitment is just about perfect.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by abigballafb76 View Post
                              Seeing that I read through 17 pages of wheel explanations and still didn't get a clear enough answer, I'll ask the question myself.

If I were to get 16x8 with +15 offset, what would be the supreme tire size to run? 205/50, 205/45, 215/45? and I don't want to roll the fenders if at all possible.

thanks
                              E30Fiend
                              Well, supreme in terms of what? 205/45/16 will be easiest to fit without fender rolling, but they are slightly undersized. 205/50/16 is the correct diameter, but may warrant rolling. 215/45/16 will almost certainly need rolling.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by 99MPower View Post
                                I just bought a 85 318i, and would like to mount some Borbet Type C's (16x7.5), et30 (i believe) on it... need to know how wide in tire width I can go, and what size if any, spacers front and rear need to be used..

I know 225's will fit no problem on the 7.5" rim, but I need to know if they will clear the rear on the 318i and the front struts. I'm pretty sure I will need spacers in the front

I will be installed H&R OE Sport springs, with Tokico shocks on the 318i next weekend, so it will get lowered a little

Here are the major questions:

1. How wide can I go with the tire size.. it currently has 205/45's on it.. I wouldnt mind slimming it down and maybe running a 205/40 or even 215/40 or 45 if possible, depending on how expensive, maybe even 225's....

2. What size spacers do I need to run, front and rear to make these work? will my tire width change the spacers needed?

thanks in advance
                                Because you have the 45mm strut housings, you actually just might be able to get away with no spacers at all. Test fitting is in order, but there is a chance they will just clear.

On later cars, this is what I'd recommend: The best option is to run universal (aka cheap and everywhere) 3mm 4x100 spacers on the front only. You can then run any tire you want, up to 225/45/16. This setup will allow the front wheels to just clear the struts, and leave plenty of room on the fender side for big rubber.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X