Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
    Yes, I was running Eibachs in front and GC rear coils set fairly low. Last night I swapped in the front coilovers and set everything to the highest setting which seems to have eliminated the rubbing. I inspected everything while I was under there and I didn't see any signs of rubbing on the liners or chassis so I should be good now... You still advocate a 24" tire though, even if I can get something larger in there without rubbing?
    Well then, you caught some good fortune! I will still not recommend a tire much taller than 24", the biggest I will tell someone to get is 235/40/17 (which is around 24.4, depending on make). This is simply because I know of a lot more failure than success stories, and given the nature of my position here I don't like to take chances.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Because you have the 45mm strut housings, you actually just might be able to get away with no spacers at all. Test fitting is in order, but there is a chance they will just clear.

On later cars, this is what I'd recommend: The best option is to run universal (aka cheap and everywhere) 3mm 4x100 spacers on the front only. You can then run any tire you want, up to 225/45/16. This setup will allow the front wheels to just clear the struts, and leave plenty of room on the fender side for big rubber.

Jay
      exactly what I was looking for.. thanks a bunch... still trying to decide if I want to go 225 though, as for the 318i, I'm pretty sure a 205/40/16 on bfg sports would be more than enough grip

spirited driving around town, and maybe some auto-x, so those were the thoughts behind the 215/225 widths, but i know the 318i obviously doesnt need anything that wide

Beefalicious.... its whats for dinner

Comment

J, 18x8.5 with any offset i please, possible at all? Early body with fully adjustable suspension all around.

My favourite wheel manufacturer has just released a new race wheel....

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
        Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
        E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by 99MPower View Post
          exactly what I was looking for.. thanks a bunch... still trying to decide if I want to go 225 though, as for the 318i, I'm pretty sure a 205/40/16 on bfg sports would be more than enough grip

spirited driving around town, and maybe some auto-x, so those were the thoughts behind the 215/225 widths, but i know the 318i obviously doesnt need anything that wide
          Eh, I wouldn't go with a 205/40/16 though. It'll look TINY in the wheelwells.

At least a 205/45/16, or a 205/50/16 will fill 'er up.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
            J, 18x8.5 with any offset i please, possible at all? Early body with fully adjustable suspension all around.

My favourite wheel manufacturer has just released a new race wheel....
            Is it a Simmons?!

ET26-30 is perfect. If you run something like 225/35/18, you probably won't even need to roll the fenders.

Jay

Comment

Bingo! I'd need to run something larger than 225 though, 225 on the back will have roughly 0 chance of hooking up. Unless i find a really nice tire.

18x8.5/11/12

Lsx/t56 Swap progress |----------| .0000000005% - Well below poverty line.
              Getting purists panties in a knot since 2007. ;)
              E30 count = 6! :shock:

Comment

im planning on changing the front struts to my 85 325e struts, and I already have replaced the shocks in those, and will be running some H&R sport springs from an 87 325is in those struts....

will this affect the clearance... I'm assuming yes, as you said I have the smaller strut housing...

5mm all around be enough to clear the 16x7.5 et30 borbet type c's on 205/45/16 setup with Tokico shocks, and H&R OE sport springs?

Comment

will a 215/55/16 tire fit on my 86 325es that is lowered about an inch and a half? the wheels are tire rack wheels with spacers i believe a 26mm offset

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                    Bingo! I'd need to run something larger than 225 though, 225 on the back will have roughly 0 chance of hooking up. Unless i find a really nice tire.

18x8.5/11/12
                    Alrighty. 18x8.5" ET28 245/35/18 all around. Rolled fenders, stiff springs.

Jay

Comment

im planning on changing the front struts to my 85 325e struts, and I already have replaced the shocks in those, and will be running some H&R sport springs from an 87 325is in those struts....

will this affect the clearance... I'm assuming yes, as you said I have the smaller strut housing...

5mm all around be enough to clear the 16x7.5 et30 borbet type c's on 205/45/16 setup with Tokico shocks, and H&R OE sport springs?
                      Just run the 5mm on the front only, and you'll be good.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by mark///m3 View Post
                        will a 215/55/16 tire fit on my 86 325es that is lowered about an inch and a half? the wheels are tire rack wheels with spacers i believe a 26mm offset
                        The wheels are perfect, but that tire size is HUUUUUGE. 205/50/16 or 225/45/16 would be the prefered sizes for your setup.

Jay

Comment

thanks for all the help... any link to your so called "cheap" 5 mm spacers? with lug bolts for the spacers?

Comment

thanks for all the help... any link to your so called "cheap" 5 mm spacers? with lug bolts for the spacers?
                            The cheap ones I've mentioned are 3mm, and are usually in stock in wheel/tire shops. You don't need longer lugs.

For 5mm, you will want something good, like H&R. And you will also need longer bolts to go with it.

Jay

Comment

I'm looking to get some Brock B1 16x9 et15 all around. I have heard that these fit like crap, but I love the look of the wheels. What will need to be done to make them fit on an early model with 60/60 drop springs? I am not opposed to poking and stretching, but I don't want anything too crazy. How much of a roll/flare will the fenders need?
                              Thanks
                              Byron
                              Leichtbau

Comment

Will 185/65/14 snow tires fit on my stock weaves?

Comment

Working...
                                X