Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have set of style 5s 17x8 et 20 and buying 18mm adapters. I know I can run 205/45r17 but I wondering if able to run 215/45r17 or maybe 225 tire. I don't want to rub
    Last edited by 5abiVert; 09-15-2012, 07:46 PM. Reason: Added info
    1988 325i vert -SOLD
    2002 CBR 954 - SOLD
    1991 325is -up for sale soon
    2006 WRB WRX

Comment

e30 tire size for m3 ds 17" wheel / ie stage 3 springs

i'm looking for a tire size for 1991 e30 with ie stage 3 springs and bilstein sport, the wheels are the ds motorsport 17x 7.5 5 lug

Comment

hellafrush

Hey guys. I'm a noob to all things fitment wise. I'm trying for a mild stanced look with some mild stretch. I currently have two wheel sizings to chose from 17x8.5 et20 and 17x7.5 et20 and I'm looking for tire recommendations. I don't mind some fender rolling but if i can get away without it all the better.
        Cheers.

Comment

Hey I'm figuring out my new wheel setup. specs are 16x7 et35, I've got 4 22mm adapter style spacers. I plan to use them in the rear giving me a final et of 13 for the rear which should work. Wondering if i should use them the front also, or get some 15mm spacers and make it a safe et20. Also deciding between 205/50/16 and 225/45/16. Not sure if anyone has experience with the new Toyo R1R's (sizing wise) but that was my plan.

Thanks!
          sigpic
          1991 318is S52
          1987 325i Vert
          1991 325i
          2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

I finally figured out the specs on my RS189's, thanks to formula_driver. Figured out the new ET since there were some aftermarket lips added.

The final specs (and mystikal and anyone following with thread will know how many times they've changed) are:

FRONT 15x7.5 ET19
            REAR 15x8.5 ET6.

So, now i need to refigure what I need...again. At least now i can say i understand wheel measurements better
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

quote from craigslist

"F/S BBS RS 16"X8" and 16"X9".
              ET 45 (offset)
              Bolt pattern 5X114.3"

Would these fit an e30 without modification, besides fill and redrill ofcourse.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyOg View Post
                quote from craigslist

"F/S BBS RS 16"X8" and 16"X9".
                ET 45 (offset)
                Bolt pattern 5X114.3"

Would these fit an e30 without modification, besides fill and redrill ofcourse.
                These will not fit an e30 without modifactions/spacers

The front would be 6.3" of backspacing. You have about 5.5" MAX to play with before you hit the strut. so you would need a 20 -25mm spacer, stretch and pull. (maybe no pull depending on stretch)

For reference, Even the ESM 16x8" et20 sometimes does not clear the calliper and that has 5.3" backspace

The rear would be 6.8" and I know for a fact you cannot have any more than 6" of backspacing in the rear. You might be able to get away with running a 20-22mm spacer but its a tight fit and will probably require stretch and pull as you are now essentially running 9.8"-10" wide with et25
                Last edited by ProjectCab; 09-18-2012, 10:40 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GThomas View Post
                  Hey I'm figuring out my new wheel setup. specs are 16x7 et35, I've got 4 22mm adapter style spacers. I plan to use them in the rear giving me a final et of 13 for the rear which should work. Wondering if i should use them the front also, or get some 15mm spacers and make it a safe et20. Also deciding between 205/50/16 and 225/45/16. Not sure if anyone has experience with the new Toyo R1R's (sizing wise) but that was my plan.

Thanks!
                  16x7 et35 with a 22mm is fine for up front. I am running 16x8 et23 style 5 w/18mm so effective et is 5.

No issues, and you would be about an inch further away from the fender.

Just wanted to throw 2 GREAT tools out there when figuring out wheel setups.

even shows stretch, just not sure what the fender to hub distance on our cars are. (somewhere in the 105-110mm range?)

doesnt show stretch and you cant enter spacers but calculates backspacing.

Cheers
                  Last edited by ProjectCab; 09-18-2012, 11:02 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by codyep3
                    Will I be able to fit 16x9 (6 7/16 backspace)? on front and rear with 18mm adpaters. if so what tires?

I am sitting on kw 60mm/40mm springs with no spring pads.

"That's a +30 offset. With 18mm adapters that is dead-on ideal. 205/45 is my suggestion."

I realize all tires run differently, but how much a stretch will that be? I don't want something super stretched. Suggestions for tires that run a little bit wide?
                    Home of the worlds largest collection of Tyre Stretch and Stance photos

BFG tires run incredibly wide, as well as anything aimed at tracking.

Comment

Originally posted by TrippinBimmer View Post
                      How about 18mm front and 23mm rear? Wheels are Et23 16x8

-Anthony
                      That would provide a nice even fitment. Again, roll roll roll the rears.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectCab View Post
                        16x9 et 15 for the rear.

225/40 (only found one set on ebay) or 215/40 or 215/45?

for reference
                        Im running 205/45 on 16x8 with 18mm adapters now and my drop puts the fender right at the top of the tire.
                        I'd run a 215/45. The stretch will be an almost dead-match for the fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by johnmaloney88 View Post
                          I'm buying a set of 17x8 17x9 et35 wheels for my late model e30. i need to get adaptors made to fit as they are 5 stud. what size will i need to give flush fit, no poke. around 35mm?? thanks.
                          30mm front 25mm rear

Comment

Originally posted by 5abiVert View Post
                            I have set of style 5s 17x8 et 20 and buying 18mm adapters. I know I can run 205/45r17 but I wondering if able to run 215/45r17 or maybe 225 tire. I don't want to rub
                            You can't run any of those tires. 195/40, 195/45, 205/40. Even still, plenty of fender rolling to do.

Comment

Originally posted by josuemarine View Post
                              i'm looking for a tire size for 1991 e30 with ie stage 3 springs and bilstein sport, the wheels are the ds motorsport 17x 7.5 5 lug
                              And how are the 5 lug wheels being mounted? Adapters? 5-lug swap?

Comment

Originally posted by Flippa View Post
                                Hey guys. I'm a noob to all things fitment wise. I'm trying for a mild stanced look with some mild stretch. I currently have two wheel sizings to chose from 17x8.5 et20 and 17x7.5 et20 and I'm looking for tire recommendations. I don't mind some fender rolling but if i can get away without it all the better.
                                Cheers.
                                I'd buy the 17x8.5 all around and toss a 5mm spacer on the rears. 205/40 tires. Done.

Comment

Working...
                                X