Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GThomas View Post
    Hey I'm figuring out my new wheel setup. specs are 16x7 et35, I've got 4 22mm adapter style spacers. I plan to use them in the rear giving me a final et of 13 for the rear which should work. Wondering if i should use them the front also, or get some 15mm spacers and make it a safe et20. Also deciding between 205/50/16 and 225/45/16. Not sure if anyone has experience with the new Toyo R1R's (sizing wise) but that was my plan.

Thanks!
    At +13 in the rear you're limited to a 205 unfortunately. The 22mm spacers will work all around with the 205 tires. If you want 225s you'll need 15mm spacers for all four.

Comment

just got some wheels 16x8.5et15 all around with a 205x45 falkin 512. what is the lowest possible offset i could run to make these agressive as possible. ill be rolling my fenders. and will be dumped. thanks dude ! i was thinking et0 all around or -5rear?

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyOg View Post
        quote from craigslist

"F/S BBS RS 16"X8" and 16"X9".
        ET 45 (offset)
        Bolt pattern 5X114.3"

Would these fit an e30 without modification, besides fill and redrill ofcourse.
        No, but they would be ideal for adapters. Get 30mm adapters for all four corners and you have a great setup.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectCab View Post
          These will not fit an e30 without modifactions/spacers

The front would be 6.3" of backspacing. You have about 5.5" MAX to play with before you hit the strut. so you would need a 20 -25mm spacer, stretch and pull. (maybe no pull depending on stretch)

For reference, Even the ESM 16x8" et20 sometimes does not clear the calliper and that has 5.3" backspace

The rear would be 6.8" and I know for a fact you cannot have any more than 6" of backspacing in the rear. You might be able to get away with running a 20-22mm spacer but its a tight fit and will probably require stretch and pull as you are now essentially running 9.8"-10" wide with et25
          Backspacing is for strut clearance and has nothing to do with caliper clearance. 6" of rear backspacing is not the maximum, especially for larger wheel diameters.

Comment

Originally posted by limp mode View Post
            just got some wheels 16x8.5et15 all around with a 205x45 falkin 512. what is the lowest possible offset i could run to make these agressive as possible. ill be rolling my fenders. and will be dumped. thanks dude ! i was thinking et0 all around or -5rear?
            They're already near ideal to me. Mount them, take measurements, and add spacing as you wish. I've seen the offsets you mention work, but usually with 205/40s and a lot of rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
              They're already near ideal to me. Mount them, take measurements, and add spacing as you wish. I've seen the offsets you mention work, but usually with 205/40s and a lot of rubbing.
              IMO 40 series look way to small on 16's :/ so you think i should just keep it around that?

Comment

Backspacing is for strut clearance and has nothing to do with caliper clearance. 6" of rear backspacing is not the maximum, especially for larger wheel diameters.
                Ah yes, I should have elaborated the strut and caliper difference, thanks...What is the max backspacing in the rear for a 16" wheel?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by limp mode View Post
                  IMO 40 series look way to small on 16's :/ so you think i should just keep it around that?
                  Roll the fenders, mount them, and see how much space you have. I'd just toss a 5mm on the rear and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectCab View Post
                    Ah yes, I should have elaborated the strut and caliper difference, thanks...What is the max backspacing in the rear for a 16" wheel?
                    It's just slightly above 6" (6.2 to be exact). On a 17" you can go up to 6.4 or so.

Comment

At +13 in the rear you're limited to a 205 unfortunately. The 22mm spacers will work all around with the 205 tires. If you want 225s you'll need 15mm spacers for all four.
                      Thanks for the help, is there any advantage to running the 225/45's over the 205/50's as far as grip goes or would their be more roll over on 7" wide? Also these would be used mostly for auto-x.
                      sigpic
                      1991 318is S52
                      1987 325i Vert
                      1991 325i
                      2011 e70 X5

Need Anything E30? -> http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by josuemarine View Post
                        i'm looking for a tire size for 1991 e30 with ie stage 3 springs and bilstein sport, the wheels are the ds motorsport 17x 7.5 5 lug
                        Help!!!

Comment

so i have an e30 89 vert, i have 17" on them right now, with winter around the corner, i would like to put the basketweave 14" rims back on with snow tires. So my question is: What size tires r the best for winter, i want it to feel like AWD lol thanksss

Comment

Originally posted by GThomas View Post
                            Thanks for the help, is there any advantage to running the 225/45's over the 205/50's as far as grip goes or would their be more roll over on 7" wide? Also these would be used mostly for auto-x.
                            There is some advantage to the wider tire, especially for auto-x, but let me put it this way. A 205/50/16 Dunlop Z1 Star Spec would be faster around most courses than even a 225/45/16 R1R. I'd buy the Dunlops, use the 22mm adapters, and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by josuemarine View Post
                              Help!!!
                              And how are the 5 lug wheels being mounted? Adapters? 5-lug swap?

Comment

Originally posted by lhigorpvl View Post
                                so i have an e30 89 vert, i have 17" on them right now, with winter around the corner, i would like to put the basketweave 14" rims back on with snow tires. So my question is: What size tires r the best for winter, i want it to feel like AWD lol thanksss
                                Any of the following: 175/70, 185/65, 185/70.

Comment

Working...
                                X