Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size spacers (up to 20mm) would you guys run with 17x7.5 wheels +42 front and rear with 225/45 or 40 tires? Suspension will be coilovers. Would +22mm give me a nice fitment? I'm not trying to hella flush or anything just a clean fit.

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

double
      Last edited by yahh; 11-04-2012, 08:20 PM. Reason: double post

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by unevolved View Post
        I've got some 15x7 +23 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s, and I'd like to run some 225/45/15 RS3s on them. Are there spacers in my future?
        No spacers needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jaypi View Post
          hi guys. i am planning to buy an E30 and i have 4x100 ET30 16x7 (or 6.5, gotta check). any tire size recommendations? i don't plan to drop it. wanna keep it stock and clean. also, would these fit well in any E30?
          205/50/16. They'll fit okay, but would look a lot better with 15mm spacers all around.

Comment

Originally posted by JNasti View Post
            First off, shout out to mystikal, dude you know your stuff. I have a 1991 318i 4 door lowered on H&R sports fenders are rolled nicely.
            Currently running 17" XXR 006 F:8":205/45/17 et 25 R:9":215/45/17 et20, 5mm spacer F and R
            I purchased 16x8 style 5's et23 and I really want to buy adapters to fit these wheels. My plans are to go 205/50/16 on the tires?
            Which adapter should i buy front and rear? I want my wheels to sit pretty flush. I have plans of going to the 17" style 5 et20 down the road.
            Thanks in advance :up:
            Most guys that run those wheels/adapters use 195/45, 195/50, or 205/45 due to clearance issues. Get the smallest adapter you can, which is usually 18mm.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertoE31 View Post
              Hello all, i need some help! I was stupid and bought a set of wheels and adapters before buying the suspension stuff...i know; stupid.

Link to the wheels:

Anyways, i'm looking to get eibach sport springs and sway bars and some bilstein sports. Can someone please tell me if this would in anyway work? I have no knowledge when it comes to suspension, so some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

oh and the tire size is 205/45 if that helps at all...

Thanks

Edit: just realized I'm in teh wheel/tire subforum...sorry.
              Ha, I know the guy you bought the wheels from. You'll need a basic rear fender roll to prevent rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Messor View Post
                I could use some help in a future BBS RS purchase.

I am looking at getting a set of RS's for my 318is, I think I am set on 16x8 front and 16x9 rear both with 6" barrels and am wondering what backspacing I will need to clear the IE 295mm brake kit which says it needs 1.75" from face of rotor to the back of the wheel.

I would prefer not to have too much poke so I don't have to stretch the tires but I am having the fenders rolled.

Thanks for your help.
                Offset/backspacing has little directly to do with caliper clearance. You'll have to get the said RS face and measure the clearance manually.

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post
                  What size spacers (up to 20mm) would you guys run with 17x7.5 wheels +42 front and rear with 225/45 or 40 tires? Suspension will be coilovers. Would +22mm give me a nice fitment? I'm not trying to hella flush or anything just a clean fit.
                  225/45 is too tall, 225/40 doesn't really exist.

You could use 215/40 tires with 15-20mm spacers. Or get 15mm spacers and run 235/40.

Comment

I'm looking to run a set of bbs rs

Here are specs

15x7.5 front 15x9 rear bolt pattern is 5x130(Porsche)

18mm adapters included for 4x100

Tires are 195/45/15

Will this work on an e30?

Ps 3 inch lip in rear

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosTheory View Post
                      I'm looking to run a set of bbs rs

Here are specs

15x7.5 front 15x9 rear bolt pattern is 5x130(Porsche)

18mm adapters included for 4x100

Tires are 195/45/15

Will this work on an e30?

Ps 3 inch lip in rear
                      I need the offsets. Tires are too short though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                        I need the offsets. Tires are too short though.
                        Et34

Comment

Front and rear? That's unlikely.

Comment

I'm sorry but it's 38 all 4 wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              Most guys that run those wheels/adapters use 195/45, 195/50, or 205/45 due to clearance issues. Get the smallest adapter you can, which is usually 18mm.
                              Awesome Mystikal thanks a lot!

Comment

I just bought some 16x7 (4x100) SSR Comp wheels. The seller isn't exactly sure of the offset or center bore, but my research is leading me to believe they are 73mm center bore and 32-35mm offset.

What do i need to do to get these to fit?

1.10mm-15mm spacer? How to i make make the spacer fit right? do i need a 10mm spacer that is 57.1mm center bore on the inside and 73mm center bore "ring" on the outside? Does that even exist?
                                2. I gather i need some extended lugs to make this work. What is the correct size lug and where do i get them?

3. What size tire? Can I fit 215/45 tires on these?

Thanks for all your help!
                                98 M3/4/5

Comment

Working...
                                X