Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    225/45 is too tall, 225/40 doesn't really exist.

You could use 215/40 tires with 15-20mm spacers. Or get 15mm spacers and run 235/40.
    Wouldn't 235's bulge too much on a 7.5" wheel?

s50 86 325e Project

S50 - BBS - Recaro - BC Coilovers - Morimoto H1 Retrofit

Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosTheory View Post
      I'm sorry but it's 38 all 4 wheels
      It should fit almost perfect then. I'd still suggest 195/50 tires for more clearance and less goofy wheelwell gap but it's still a solid setup.

Comment

Originally posted by randomtask37 View Post
        I just bought some 16x7 (4x100) SSR Comp wheels. The seller isn't exactly sure of the offset or center bore, but my research is leading me to believe they are 73mm center bore and 32-35mm offset.

What do i need to do to get these to fit?

1.10mm-15mm spacer? How to i make make the spacer fit right? do i need a 10mm spacer that is 57.1mm center bore on the inside and 73mm center bore "ring" on the outside? Does that even exist?
        2. I gather i need some extended lugs to make this work. What is the correct size lug and where do i get them?

3. What size tire? Can I fit 215/45 tires on these?

Thanks for all your help!
        15mm standard spacers (57mm), extended bolts (~40mm thread length), suitable hubcentric rings, and 215/45 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by yahh View Post
          Wouldn't 235's bulge too much on a 7.5" wheel?
          It's on the verge of not fitting actually. BMW produced the E36 M3 on 17x7.5 wheels with 235/40 originally, it's still a great setup despite the tough fitment.

Comment

Yes this question has been asked many times. I know the lug pattern is the same on the hondas and our e30's but the bore size is wrong correct? meaning we cant use the same rims. My buddy is getting rid on his rims and i wanted to us them so beat around rims, the XXR 002 and they are 4x100 16" 8" all around. But he said the bore size is like 73.1mm. They only made that bore size in that wheel and i have seen some e30's using them. Can you help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by 360e30 View Post
              Yes this question has been asked many times. I know the lug pattern is the same on the hondas and our e30's but the bore size is wrong correct? meaning we cant use the same rims. My buddy is getting rid on his rims and i wanted to us them so beat around rims, the XXR 002 and they are 4x100 16" 8" all around. But he said the bore size is like 73.1mm. They only made that bore size in that wheel and i have seen some e30's using them. Can you help me out?
              Yes and no. Most 4x100 Hondas have a slightly smaller bore which makes using hubcentric OEM Honda wheels impossible without modification. But, most aftermarket wheels have oversized universal bores that use hubcentric rings to fit each vehicle application; the XXR's you mention are in this group.

You need 73mm-57.1mm rings for all four wheels. As for tires and spacers, I'll need to know the offset of those 002s.

Comment

Hello guys this thread is AWESOME.... and here is my question:

I just bought a set of 4x100 ET38 VW and Audi wheels (copy of BBS RZ). I have a 1986 E30 325 coupe.
                Do I have to use some kind of spacers with a center ring included? or I can use a spacer AND a plastic center ring separately.

I will appretiate any info!!!

and thanks Mystikal for all the help

Comment

Yes and no. Most 4x100 Hondas have a slightly smaller bore which makes using hubcentric OEM Honda wheels impossible without modification. But, most aftermarket wheels have oversized universal bores that use hubcentric rings to fit each vehicle application; the XXR's you mention are in this group.

You need 73mm-57.1mm rings for all four wheels. As for tires and spacers, I'll need to know the offset of those 002s.
                  He said the bore size is 73.1 does that sound right? also the offset is 0. Thanks for all the help so far!

Comment

Originally posted by mgromero View Post
                    Hello guys this thread is AWESOME.... and here is my question:

I just bought a set of 4x100 ET38 VW and Audi wheels (copy of BBS RZ). I have a 1986 E30 325 coupe.
                    Do I have to use some kind of spacers with a center ring included? or I can use a spacer AND a plastic center ring separately.

I will appretiate any info!!!

and thanks Mystikal for all the help
                    You can use regular off the shelf spacers combined with centering rings. I'd suggest 20mm all around.

Comment

Originally posted by 360e30 View Post
                      He said the bore size is 73.1 does that sound right? also the offset is 0. Thanks for all the help so far!
                      Yes, 73mm is common. With that offset you have stretched tires fender rolling in the cards. I'd suggest 195/45s and a flat rear roll. Expect them to poke outside of the front fenders a bit unless you have camber plates.

Comment

Yes, 73mm is common. With that offset you have stretched tires fender rolling in the cards. I'd suggest 195/45s and a flat rear roll. Expect them to poke outside of the front fenders a bit unless you have camber plates.
                        I dont know if i would want them poking out of the sides. Whats the best offset and width for a wheel in a 16 or 17. My car is pretty low. Id like just a flush look, no crazy camber.

Comment

You can use regular off the shelf spacers combined with centering rings. I'd suggest 20mm all around.
                          Thanks for the quick answer.

I need at least 5mm to clear the calipers from touching the inner part of the rim.

Doing that will make the wheel hang only by the lugs. As a sidenote this particular rim have the exact hubsize as the E30.

So... I think I need a 5mm spacer with the centering ring incorporated.

I am right? Where can I find that type of spacer?

Comment

Appears all answers can be had here!

87 325is and looking at the SSR 16" MS3R front and rear. BC Coilovers.

Looking for recommended F&R widths, offset to clear stock brakes and fenders (prefer not to roll fenders but as far out as possible with a lip), along with reco tire sizes. Also they offer NR and SL for an option? Love some knowledge about this and what is recommended here also. Thanks all!

Comment

will 16x9 et12 w/15mm 4-100 to 5-120 adapters fit the early model arches and what tire profile should i use?

Comment

Will 16x7 et 20 205/50 clear early model fenders without a roll on a slightly lowered car?

Edit nvm did some searching and look like it will clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X