Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
    Yo Jay!

So I've been browsing around a bit lately looking for new beater rims. Want something decent but not expensive at all and something that I can use the tires I just bought for my euro weaves. Tires are Falken 512's 225/50/15

Been looking at some of the generic 4x100 old school copy wheels on eBay. Think I might buy the Work Equip copies which are 4x100 15x7 et38 advertised to fit Civics. Could I use my Falkens and it look right? Or should I just buy new tires. And how much spacer am I going to need to make it look right? Or should I just stop being a cheap asshole and pony up for decent rims?

Thanks for the knowledge in advance
    Haha, yo scabzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If cheap is the goal, spacers aren't really logical. They add a huge cost to the price. That said, if you can swing 'em the 225's will look perfect on those rims with 15mm spacers.

Otherwise, a good cheap option is the 15x8 Rota Slipstreams. Still JDM look, but wider, no centering rings, and no spacers. Just a thought.

Jay

Comment

hey there i just picked up a set of hubsentric 17"x7 1/2" azev type a's with a 38+ offset. they currently have 215 40 zr17 tires on them i'm just wondering if these should fit and what i would need to make them fit I also have coilovers so i would have a bit more clearance

Comment

Originally posted by turnip82 View Post
        hey there i just picked up a set of hubsentric 17"x7 1/2" azev type a's with a 38+ offset. they currently have 215 40 zr17 tires on them i'm just wondering if these should fit and what i would need to make them fit I also have coilovers so i would have a bit more clearance
        For those to fit right, you'd want 15mm spacers, or 20mm if you really want a flush look and are willing to roll the fenders.

Jay

Comment

what tire size is recommended for a 17x7 with a 38offset with a 15mm hubcentric spacer to bring it to 23 total? the car is lowered with vogtland sports
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            For those to fit right, you'd want 15mm spacers, or 20mm if you really want a flush look and are willing to roll the fenders.

Jay
            do you think there would be any problems with rubbing if i just mount them up while i'm waiting on my spacers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.sexymorningvoice View Post
              what tire size is recommended for a 17x7 with a 38offset with a 15mm hubcentric spacer to bring it to 23 total? the car is lowered with vogtland sports
              215/40/17 is perfect.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by turnip82 View Post
                do you think there would be any problems with rubbing if i just mount them up while i'm waiting on my spacers?
                It would be really close to the front struts, but may just barely squeeze by (depending on the shape of the tire's sidewall and rim protector).

Jay

Comment

This is the cheapest direct fit 15x7 right? (pretty impressive, even cheaper than euro weaves now, although they used to be $260...)

Are their any cheap direct fit 16" besides Rota customs at reasonable?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                    215/40/17 is perfect.

Jay

will the sidewall be damn near flat? or a tad of stretch?
                    sigpic

Comment

also has anyone had experiences with Yokahoma parada spec-2's or Kumho Ecsta ast's, or Nankang ns-1?
                      sigpic

Comment

DO NOT buy the nankangs.
                        Jay

Comment

How about this one:

17X8.5 et 13 BBS RS 212s on an 87 vert lowered on koni yellows and IE stage 3s.

fenders are moderately rolled whats the widest I can go? I would like to keep the tire sizes the same front and rear, but could stagger if need be.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by lance_entities View Post
                            http://www.elephantmotorsports.com/k...z-m-p-447.html
                            This is the cheapest direct fit 15x7 right? (pretty impressive, even cheaper than euro weaves now, although they used to be $260...)

Are their any cheap direct fit 16" besides Rota customs at reasonable?
                            Jesus that's cheap. A local guy runs those with 205 RT-615's, ugly as hell but it works.

The other "cheap" 16 I can think of are the Remembers.

Jay

Comment

will the sidewall be damn near flat? or a tad of stretch?
                              Very flat. Square, just about.

also has anyone had experiences with Yokahoma parada spec-2's or Kumho Ecsta ast's, or Nankang ns-1?
                              Those are all crappy. For good cheap tires (and I mean good), look at Kumho SPT, Fuzion ZRi, Falken ZE-912, Federal 595. They are all excellent tires, and are all pretty damn cheap.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
                                How about this one:

17X8.5 et 13 BBS RS 212s on an 87 vert lowered on koni yellows and IE stage 3s.

fenders are moderately rolled whats the widest I can go? I would like to keep the tire sizes the same front and rear, but could stagger if need be.

Matt
                                Damn that sounds good. However, even a 215/40/17 will require heavy fender rolling and stiffer springs. If you want a trouble-free fitment go for a 205/40/17, it will be the easiest to get on there. If you're willing to risk having to get into bodywork, 215's.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X