Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Going to run genuine Alpina 16x7 et28 wheels all around on a HR sport and Koni late model vert. What do you recommend that wont rub/rolling needed:

205/50 or 225/50 or even 225/45?

Thanks!
    Last edited by brutus87; 05-03-2013, 01:22 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      205/40 and 215/40. Rear will require rolling.
      Thanks! I appreciate the guidance.

Comment

Question - my buddy has a couple of 16X7J rims lying around, 4 bolt pattern. Not sure of offset just yet.

I have a 325, stock suspension. Would this work on my car (assume 4X100 bolt pattern). Recommended Tire Size? Any modifications required? Going to see if I can find 2 more.

Conversely, what do you guys feel is a good size tire for the above situation if I went with something else? 15"? I currently have 14s, steels and bottlecaps - and selection is getting limited in 14". I don't need new rubber right away or anything, but just trying to think ahead. Got at least a couple more good years out the tires I got.
        Last edited by estoguy; 05-04-2013, 03:23 PM.
        Estoguy
        1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by weew379 View Post
          215/40 16x9 ET15 front 8mm spacers
          215/40 16x9 ET15 rear no spacers

will they fit without rolling my fenders now?
          Thanks
          Rears will be within a few hairs of rubbing, depending on tire model they will rub with passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
            hello,

going to run genuine alpina 16x7 et28 wheels all around on a hr sport and koni late model vert. What do you recommend that wont rub/rolling needed:

205/50 or 225/50 or even 225/45?

Thanks!
            205/50, 215/45, 225/45.

Comment

Originally posted by estoguy View Post
              Question - my buddy has a couple of 16X7J rims lying around, 4 bolt pattern. Not sure of offset just yet.

I have a 325, stock suspension. Would this work on my car (assume 4X100 bolt pattern). Recommended Tire Size? Any modifications required? Going to see if I can find 2 more.

Conversely, what do you guys feel is a good size tire for the above situation if I went with something else? 15"? I currently have 14s, steels and bottlecaps - and selection is getting limited in 14". I don't need new rubber right away or anything, but just trying to think ahead. Got at least a couple more good years out the tires I got.
              Nothing that bolts up to another car will fit an E30 properly. There's tiny exceptions to this rule but in general there is no car ever produced with the E30's combination of offset requirement, bolt pattern, and centerbore.

I'd need to know all of these specs before telling you if they will work. But the odds are slim.

Comment

hey guys I'm gonna pull the trigger on some RS clones here soon and just wanted to see if anyone has any tire suggestions.

I'm going with ESM 002r 15x7s in front and 15x8 in back. offset is 15

was thinking about putting 205/55r15 on front and 225/50r15 on the back.

Sound good? the diameter works out to about the same so I think it will work. wanted to have a little more meat on the back with the 15x8 but was also considering 205s all around if that would work better.

suggestions? thanks

Comment

Rears will be within a few hairs of rubbing, depending on tire model they will rub with passengers.
                  I already bought a set of Yokohama 215/40/16 this morning , droop them at my guy's garage . so you are saying they will work but it is better if I roll my fender?
                  Do you recommend or know if anybody does that over here in Ottawa? never done that before!! , or I can drive to Toronto if I have to. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post
                    hey guys I'm gonna pull the trigger on some RS clones here soon and just wanted to see if anyone has any tire suggestions.

I'm going with ESM 002r 15x7s in front and 15x8 in back. offset is 15

was thinking about putting 205/55r15 on front and 225/50r15 on the back.

Sound good? the diameter works out to about the same so I think it will work. wanted to have a little more meat on the back with the 15x8 but was also considering 205s all around if that would work better.

suggestions? thanks
                    Even with 205/50s in the back you'll probably need a rear fender roll with passengers on board.

Comment

I already bought a set of Yokohama 215/40/16 this morning , droop them at my guy's garage . so you are saying they will work but it is better if I roll my fender?
                      Do you recommend or know if anybody does that over here in Ottawa? never done that before!! , or I can drive to Toronto if I have to. Thanks
                      Try them, even if it does rub it shouldn't be dramatic. If you need to my shop is on the east side of Toronto, click my sig for info. We probably do the majority of fender work in the Toronto area.

Comment

15mm spacers and 225/45/16 all around

or

20mm spacers and 205/50 or 205/45 all around
                        I should have went with 205/45. I am rubbing on the inside when i turn.

Comment

Try them, even if it does rub it shouldn't be dramatic. If you need to my shop is on the east side of Toronto, click my sig for info. We probably do the majority of fender work in the Toronto area.

Wheels are already on . I really appreciate your advice , I love the look of these wheels, but the look a bit funny with 8mm spacers in the front! and yah as you said the rear are really close to the fenders and as you see I need to lower her a bit, she still on a stock suspension! . I am planning to go Toronto soon, so I might bring her for rolling fenders and suspension :). I know how to find you now Jay ;), much appreciate all the help man. Please check out the pictures and tell me what you think .
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by weew379; 05-08-2013, 04:00 PM.

Comment

What did you guys do about any rubbing issues in the front?
                            I mean on the inside and from the top, not the fender..
                            Pictures would be nice. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by GT BMW E30 View Post
                              I should have went with 205/45. I am rubbing on the inside when i turn.

205/50 can't be rubbing more than the slightest brush at +20 unless something is bent. How bad is it?

Comment

Wheels are already on . I really appreciate your advice , I love the look of these wheels, but the look a bit funny with 8mm spacers in the front! and yah as you said the rear are really close to the fenders and as you see I need to lower her a bit, she still on a stock suspension! . I am planning to go Toronto soon, so I might bring her for rolling fenders and suspension :). I know how to find you now Jay ;), much appreciate all the help man. Please check out the pictures and tell me what you think .
                                Check how much clearance you have between the front strut and the tire, you should be able to downsize to a 3mm, 5mm, or maybe no spacer at all depending on how the tire is shaped.

Email me at the shop if you need me!

Comment

Working...
                                X