Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Check how much clearance you have between the front strut and the tire, you should be able to downsize to a 3mm, 5mm, or maybe no spacer at all depending on how the tire is shaped.

Email me at the shop if you need me!
    We tried the front with no spacers first , you are right the tire stuck in and couldn't even move it, so I guess I need 3mm at least. 8mm is too poked out . I am planning to lower , so we will do downsize spacers with the new suspension and see how it will look. thanks again for everything you help us with on this forum. I will email you guys for sure, thanks

Comment

First fit e36 M3 rear 8.5

Mystikal

Very happy with my first fitting on the rear wheel. This is actually 245/40/17 on the 8.5 rear wheel. Will need slight roll on the fender, other than that, they are perfect... To me anyways.

Thanks, now the wheels are off to powder for some color !

Scott
      Attached Files
      Scott
      Hotrodspdx
      87 325e

Comment

Another quick pic

Really happy so far..
        Attached Files
        Scott
        Hotrodspdx
        87 325e

Comment

1989 325 vert
          Koni with sport spring.
          It's lower than stock but not too much.
          Will have coilover later.
          Thinking to buy 15x8.5 et17.
          What will be the tire choice for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            Originally posted by kronus View Post
            I'm trying to figure out if this will ever work

16x8 et25 rears
            16x7 et13 fronts
            18mm adapters f/r
            early arches, not rolled yet but could be

what's the meatiest tire size I can go? I'm worried about the fronts sticking out too far, but I have some camber adjustment to play with.

195/45 F and 215/40 R with rolled rears. You're right the fronts will be pretty aggressive, but I think with -3.5 camber it's do-able.
            update; went 215/50 rears, 205/45 fronts. Rears fit with the lip rolled flat, fronts fit with the camber even with uncorrected rears.

cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by jasony0228 View Post
              1989 325 vert
              koni with sport spring.
              It's lower than stock but not too much.
              Will have coilover later.
              Thinking to buy 15x8.5 et17.
              What will be the tire choice for it?
              205/50

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                update; went 215/50 rears, 205/45 fronts. Rears fit with the lip rolled flat, fronts fit with the camber even with uncorrected rears.
                Looks great!

Comment

Little dump question.
                  A have Ix e30.....My rims are 8x16 ET20, Now i wonder some tyres, so what wheels are fit roll. I roll fenders if neaded??
                  My older E30 had 8x16" ET20/tyres 205/45-16, but was not Ix model. They fit perfectly under that car
                  Thank answers :)
                  Last edited by litu; 01-22-2015, 06:37 AM.
                  https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
                  https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

I'm widening a set of 16x7 et06, should I go with 16x8 et18 in the front and 16x8.5 et24 in the rear? And let's say I went with 16x8.5 et24 all around after adapters, it'll be et04. What tires should I run?

Comment

Originally posted by Sade View Post
                      Little dump question.
                      A have Ix e30.....My rims are 8x16 ET20, Now i wonder some tyres, so what wheels are fit roll. I roll fenders if neaded??
                      My older E30 had 8x16" ET20/tyres 205/45-16, but was not Ix model. They fit perfectly under that car
                      Thank answers :)
                      195/45, rolled fenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Eydreeyun View Post
                        I'm widening a set of 16x7 et06, should I go with 16x8 et18 in the front and 16x8.5 et24 in the rear? And let's say I went with 16x8.5 et24 all around after adapters, it'll be et04. What tires should I run?
                        Clearly you're widening the insides, right?

I'd personally go 16x9 +31 and 16x9.5 +38 if you're using adapters. Because you're pulling the centerline of the wheel inwards with added width it's actually an easier fitment than 8/8.5". Use 20mm front and 25mm rear adapters and that's A+++++ fitment. You can use a variety of tires but I'd suggest 205/45 and 215/45 (or 215/40).

Comment

Will RS131 16x8.5 et56 w/ a 40mm adapter fit on BC coilovers?
                          sigpic

Comment

i am running BC Type BR w/ 16x8 et20 and it has ~5m clearance in the front. I'll let you do the math. ;)

Leo

Originally posted by Wrinckled View Post
                            Will RS131 16x8.5 et56 w/ a 40mm adapter fit on BC coilovers?

Comment

40mm adapter?? Holy crap
                              sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

88 Vert which will be on Bilstien sports and IE3 springs. Might add a spring pad or two in the rear to get rid of the reverse rake.

My plan is to run 15x7 (15 offset) all around on 205/50-15's.

However, I was wondering what I would need to do to run 15x8 (15 offset) with 225/50-15's? I'd like the wider wheel but I don't want to have to stretch tires to make it work.
                                1988 325i Vert
                                1991 318is Slicktop

Comment

Working...
                                X