Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannyyisntt View Post
    Car is soon to be lowered on FA coilovers so I've been wheel shopping..

16x8 et12 and 16x9 et12

What tire sizes should I run? I'd like to stick with a very mild stretch. Also will it take much fender work to make them fit?
    195/45 205/45
    195/45 215/40
    205/45 215/45

Needs a good rear fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Without 5-lug conversion those aren't going to work.

hm so 5-4x100 adapters wouldn't work?
      My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
      1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
      IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
      1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

im trying to find a 16x9 all around wheel, that will work with 225/50-16's.

anyone know what offset would work the best?

or a similar setup? trying to replace my bent wheel with a new set of different wheels, and still use my fairly new tires
        Last edited by e30shmobberr; 05-30-2013, 04:42 PM.

Patrick - IG:niicknac
        RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Originally posted by keefy6 View Post
          hm so 5-4x100 adapters wouldn't work?
          No.

Comment

Originally posted by e30shmobberr View Post
            im trying to find a 16x9 all around wheel, that will work with 225/50-16's.

anyone know what offset would work the best?

or a similar setup? trying to replace my bent wheel with a new set of different wheels, and still use my fairly new tires
            Nope, they're too tall in diameter for an E30. Some claim it "works" but it will always rub, especially in the front wells.

Comment

I have a few questions on my wheel fitment. My car is a 1990 325 Coupe with E30 M3 5-lug. My current wheels are 17x8 ET20 front and rear with 215/40 17. The car was just painted and unfortunately I never had a chance to test-fit the new wheels/tires before paint. The wheels fit great with one exception, the rear fenders need to be rolled. As it sits the rear tire is barely touching the fender lip and would fit just fine with a modest roll. I'm just not willing to risk my fresh paint to fit these wheels so I'm moving on.

The new wheels are 18x8 ET35 with 215/35 18. My questions are as follows;

1) For the short term, will I be able to fit the wheels on the car with no spacers? I know I won't have any issues with fender clearance, but I'm just not sure on the backspacing if I can fit an 8" wheel with ET35 without hitting the struts

2) For the long term, I need some spacers to place the wheel where I want them. In the front, I'm thinking of a 12mm hubcentric spacer to give my a final offset of 23 and in the rear an 11mm spacer (the thinnest I can get while still keeping them hubcentric) for a final offset of 24mm. I'm assuming I have zero fender clearance in the rear right now since the tires are touching but barely so if the wheel moves in 4mm that will give me 4mm of clearance between the tire and the fender, is that a safe clearance to run with?

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajan21 View Post
                I have a few questions on my wheel fitment. My car is a 1990 325 Coupe with E30 M3 5-lug. My current wheels are 17x8 ET20 front and rear with 215/40 17. The car was just painted and unfortunately I never had a chance to test-fit the new wheels/tires before paint. The wheels fit great with one exception, the rear fenders need to be rolled. As it sits the rear tire is barely touching the fender lip and would fit just fine with a modest roll. I'm just not willing to risk my fresh paint to fit these wheels so I'm moving on.

The new wheels are 18x8 ET35 with 215/35 18. My questions are as follows;

1) For the short term, will I be able to fit the wheels on the car with no spacers? I know I won't have any issues with fender clearance, but I'm just not sure on the backspacing if I can fit an 8" wheel with ET35 without hitting the struts

2) For the long term, I need some spacers to place the wheel where I want them. In the front, I'm thinking of a 12mm hubcentric spacer to give my a final offset of 23 and in the rear an 11mm spacer (the thinnest I can get while still keeping them hubcentric) for a final offset of 24mm. I'm assuming I have zero fender clearance in the rear right now since the tires are touching but barely so if the wheel moves in 4mm that will give me 4mm of clearance between the tire and the fender, is that a safe clearance to run with?
                You might just squeeze by the struts, but I'd still bank on needing a 5mm spacer.

I'd go 12mm all around. Shouldn't need rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  You might just squeeze by the struts, but I'd still bank on needing a 5mm spacer.

I'd go 12mm all around. Shouldn't need rolling.
                  Thank you very much! Last question, is it a safe clearance to have 3-4mm between the tire and the fender? Is that enough that I won't rub under hard driving or big bumps?

Comment

Okay, just doing some research here, and wanted to check things out:

My 91 325Is ia currently on Bilstein adjustables, but eventually want to go with GC kit.

Anyway, I'm looking at Slipstreams 17x7.5 ET32 (4X100 56.6). I'd like to be square, with no rolling and, if possible, no extra hardware, so I was thinking 225/40 17 all around.

Am I good to go?

- EDIT -
                    No, I'm not good to go. Wrong bore!

I guess I'm going to go with your Slipstream recomendation (16x8 Slipstream with 215/45/16 RT-615s)
                    Last edited by deac0n; 06-03-2013, 01:32 PM. Reason: I'm a tard

Comment

Okay, I have an actual REAL question now.

I'm not tracking this car, at best you could say it's for "aggressive" daily driving, so I need tires that aren't going to wear out after 10K miles. Also something good for rain, as it rains quite a bit here.

What tires would you recommend? (and would you recommend the same size?)

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajan21 View Post
                        Thank you very much! Last question, is it a safe clearance to have 3-4mm between the tire and the fender? Is that enough that I won't rub under hard driving or big bumps?
                        Sometimes, sometimes not. Depends on suspension setup, alignment, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by deac0n View Post
                          Okay, I have an actual REAL question now.

I'm not tracking this car, at best you could say it's for "aggressive" daily driving, so I need tires that aren't going to wear out after 10K miles. Also something good for rain, as it rains quite a bit here.

What tires would you recommend? (and would you recommend the same size?)
                          Wheel fitment thread, not tire recommendations. :)

Comment

Quick question.. I have tsw evo 15x7 rims with ET35 what size spacers do I need 5mm, 10mm, 15mm or 20mm, tire wont be above 215?

Thanks
                            Orlin
                            Last edited by OGT's e30; 06-05-2013, 11:50 AM.

sigpic

Comment

16x8.5/9 et13.5/7.5

205/50

Is that gonna look weird or will it even fit?

I was planning on going with 205/45 but I was just playing around with ideas to gain even a little more clearance without sacrificing wheel gap.

Thanks!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by OGT's e30 View Post
                                Quick question.. I have tsw evo 15x7 rims with ET35 what size spacers do I need 5mm, 10mm, 15mm or 20mm, tire wont be above 215?

Thanks
                                Orlin
                                I'd go 15mm F, 20mm R, and 205/50 tires. There aren't many 215s available and none are worth the fitment compromise.

Comment

Working...
                                X