Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Those fit best with 20mm spacers and 195/55 tires. 195/50 is a little short. That said, as they are they will bolt up and roll - just look odd.

MSW produced wheels mostly sold through Tirerack in the 80s/90s. European heritage I'm pretty sure. Any laying around are now OLD though.
    thank you so much Mystikal! :-D

Comment

Looking for 16s for my car slightly lowered on H&R sport suspension. What width/ offset is recommended? Would like to avoid steering problems/ rubbing issues.

What tire size?

Was looking at these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MRR-FF3-16X8...e818a3&vxp=mtr

Comment

Originally posted by Raven Tooth View Post
        Looking for 16s for my car slightly lowered on H&R sport suspension. What width/ offset is recommended? Would like to avoid steering problems/ rubbing issues.

What tire size?

Was looking at these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MRR-FF3-16X8...e818a3&vxp=mtr
        In general most wheels up to 8" wide work well in a +15 to +25 offset.

For those 16x8s, you will need 3mm front spacers and either 205/45 or 205/50 tires. No rubbing or rolling.

Comment

Ok, slight update. Going to pick up some used 16x8s et15 with 225/45r16 tires on them.

How should I expect those to fit?

P.S. You're awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
            205/45 front 225/40 rear. Or 215/45 rear in a pinch.
            Awesome. Only tire I could find is the Toyo T1Rin 225/40 and I could only find one in the country. All the 215/45 that I can find are super wide shoulder tires like the 615k or the ASX.

Guess I need to order tires from across the pond. Sigh.

Comment

17x9 et35 will this clear the front struts? if not what size spacer should i get?
              17x10 et20 for the rear will be okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Raven Tooth View Post
                Ok, slight update. Going to pick up some used 16x8s et15 with 225/45r16 tires on them.

How should I expect those to fit?

P.S. You're awesome.
                No, they will rub quite a bit. 205/45 is the preferred size.

Comment

Originally posted by Edirtyy808 View Post
                  17x9 et35 will this clear the front struts? if not what size spacer should i get?
                  17x10 et20 for the rear will be okay?
                  20mm front spacers should leave you paper-thin clearance and work with a stretched tire. Rears will bolt up as is, with the same tight clearance as the fronts (with the trailing arm this time). I'd use 205/40 225/35 tires.

Comment

I just bought a set of xxr 531 wheels for my 90 325i thay are 16x8 et20 and I run pritty low on coil overs (2in sectioned tubes) and willing to roll fenders what are my tire options .. I would love to do 225/50/16 but not sure if thats to wide.. ps will soon be auto cross car

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Comment

Also if I need spacers I am open to that as well .. and I have GE coil overs and Also if its different sizes up front than back is ok too

Comment

Will 205/55 fit on 15x9 +10 (early model)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im am wondering if i can fit these wheels/tires with out fender rub. I havent been able to find a clear answer for this combo

BC coilovers 88 iS not tucking, very little wheel well gap.
                          205 55 15 tires on:

15x8 et25

and/or

15x8 et20

or stick with

15x7 et25
                          1987 325iC/5 Alpine White/Cardinal
                          1988 325iS Lachssilber/Natur
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kbdrake07 View Post
                            I just bought a set of xxr 531 wheels for my 90 325i thay are 16x8 et20 and I run pritty low on coil overs (2in sectioned tubes) and willing to roll fenders what are my tire options .. I would love to do 225/50/16 but not sure if thats to wide.. ps will soon be auto cross car

225/45/16 fits with a fender roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                              Will 205/55 fit on 15x9 +10 (early model)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              No, 205/50.

Comment

Originally posted by JMAL View Post
                                Im am wondering if i can fit these wheels/tires with out fender rub. I havent been able to find a clear answer for this combo

BC coilovers 88 iS not tucking, very little wheel well gap.
                                205 55 15 tires on:

15x8 et25

and/or

15x8 et20

or stick with

15x7 et25
                                First ones need 3-5mm front spacers. Otherwise that tire size works on all.

Comment

Working...
                                X