Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, what about 17x9 et30 Apex ARC-8's at all 4 corners?

edit:
    1" total wider; 1/2" more per side; 10mm (0.394") more offset toward inside fender; therefore the 9" wide wheel will stick out about 2.7mm more and be about 23mm closer to the strut housing/inside fender than a 17x8 et20....not good..

Is there a problem with inside clearance as well or is there generally plenty of room in there running the 5-lug setup I want to run?
    Last edited by gills; 03-11-2014, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I have 16x8 wheels coming in, what size tire should I get to keep my stock fender. I don't want to roll them. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im looking to do a 16x8 16x9-9.5 im not too sure, including Air ride im just not too sure about the proper offset for those sizes given that I kinda want to tuck in the rear...

Suggestions? E30 noob.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          Skinnier ones then.
          What do you think if i go with 205/45 and 215/45
          I can change ET. Will those tires look similar on 16x8/9 wheels?
          sigpic
          e30 318iS http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=315644

Comment

Originally posted by gills View Post
            I'm assuming this is without a roll and slight pull? Will be doing both. Regardless, I need more meat for S54 power. I would like to fit at least a 235 in the rear.

Can 17x9's with a proper offset( ~+35) work on the front?
            Yes, you will need to run mismatched offset wheels to match your mismatched hubs. 17x9s are too wide if your aim is to be functional (215 tire required).

Get 17x8s, something like +40 front +25 rear. 235/40s will fit all around.

And S54s are so linear they will hook up with 205 tires. I've run everything from 205/45/17 ro 315/25/19 on my car and they will ALL hook up in 1st gear with a 3.73. Buy quality tires and width does not matter.

Comment

Originally posted by e30eu View Post
              But would 215/40/16 be good both, rear and front? Or better to use 45 height?
              I try to get the same wide tyres, otherwise the front look stretch and rear not.
              Thanks
              You only asked about 16x9s. I don't know what you're asking now.

Comment

Originally posted by gills View Post
                Ok, what about 17x9 et30 Apex ARC-8's at all 4 corners?

edit:
                1" total wider; 1/2" more per side; 10mm (0.394") more offset toward inside fender; therefore the 9" wide wheel will stick out about 2.7mm more and be about 23mm closer to the strut housing/inside fender than a 17x8 et20....not good..

Is there a problem with inside clearance as well or is there generally plenty of room in there running the 5-lug setup I want to run?
                Fronts will be flush with the fender, or too flush for wide tires. The rears would work well, might need a small spacer.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuai87 View Post
                  I have 16x8 wheels coming in, what size tire should I get to keep my stock fender. I don't want to roll them. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  offset car suspension anything I can possibly use?

Comment

You only asked about 16x9s. I don't know what you're asking now.
                    16x9(ET20) still. Sorry for not mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Lötjönen View Post
                      What do you think if i go with 205/45 and 215/45
                      I can change ET. Will those tires look similar on 16x8/9 wheels?
                      Do that then. +10 all around with a rear fender roll should work.

Comment

Originally posted by e30eu View Post
                        16x9(ET20) still. Sorry for not mentioning.
                        I'm unsure what you're asking then. If you're concerned with the tire stretch being equal, why do you want to stagger the tires? Otherwise, yes, 205/45 is ideal as I suggested.

Comment

I found this site http://tyrestretch.com/ and it works really well for seeing what tires would look like on any size wheels. You just look for your size click and it shows pics of what they would look like.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Yes, you will need to run mismatched offset wheels to match your mismatched hubs. 17x9s are too wide if your aim is to be functional (215 tire required).

Get 17x8s, something like +40 front +25 rear. 235/40s will fit all around.

And S54s are so linear they will hook up with 205 tires. I've run everything from 205/45/17 ro 315/25/19 on my car and they will ALL hook up in 1st gear with a 3.73. Buy quality tires and width does not matter.
                            First off, thanks for being so helpful. Much appreciated.

I just want to make sure that you know I'm using a full MZ3/coupe full rear setup, so will they actually be mismatched on the E30? Based on Calvin Zero's 5-lug conversion site, I won't be that mismatched (?) http://clavinzero.com/e30-5-lug/

Thanks again...

Comment

I am in the process of an LS swap and want to run at least 275+ on the back, and at least want the option of doing the same on the front. Was looking at ccw wheels. Something like this probably in the 17x11:
                              http://www.ccwheel.com/wheels-display.php?view=Classic2PC

What all is needed to fit a tire size this large on an e30?

Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything, I'm new to this platform.

Comment

I have a 1991 E30 318is with an S50B32 conversion.

I am running KW V2 suspension and the wheel specs are as follows:

Simmons FR18
                                F: 18x8 ET 15
                                R: 18x9 ET 25

Tyres currently are 225/35/18.

Given the engine swap I am wanting to run stickier rubber (looking at Bridgestone RE-11s) and wider tyres.

The rear guards are rolled.

Would 235/35/18 or 245/35/18 fit? And if so what should I run on the front?

Cheers.
                                E30 318is S50B32 powered
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X