Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WineCountryE30 View Post
    Hello everyone!

I am an engine guy and this wheel ET offset talk is more than a little confusing for me. I did my homework but I need a learned opinion.

I just bought a set of 7x15 5 lug wheels, Max399’s hub adapters, sourced some E46 hubs and calipers off a 325i sedan and some E36 Z3(I6) rear hubs and calipers.

The front offset is 12mm and the rear offset is 23.2mm. Its on Stock springs and I would like a stock flush look. The wheels have an ET of 47.

So if I am doing this correct the front would be ET 35 and the rear ET 23.8

Tire size is currently 225/45/15

Will this set up work on my E30? Do I need to use spacers? Should I use 12mm spacers in the front to get the same offset as the rear?
    Any advice would be welcome
    Offset are a measure of wheels, not the car.

If E46 hubs work like E36 hubs (I have no experience with E46, they fit?!) then you'll need 25+mm spacers for those wheels to be flush. Using low offset (+20 range) wheels to begin with is a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquidity View Post
      I see you waited to troll until after mystikal posted. You're like the scrawny wimp with the big mouth that hangs out with all the tough guys.

You flatter yourself. I didn't put nearly that much thought or effort into my response.

I speak from experience with 15X7.5 et 25 on my unmodified car. No way could i run 30mm spacers, not even close.

But don't listen to me, listen to mystikal.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

What tire sizes would work best for this

I'm looking at 16x7 +22
        I have H&R race springs, and am looking for a meatier looking tire (not a fan of the lo-pro look). Would something like 215/50/16 work?

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
          15-20mm will work.

Please don't do it.
          Do you say this because it could be a potential safety hazard, or because you think i should buy different wheels just to make it easier? I'm only paying $400 for everything and the tires have 90% tread i'm trying to figure out if i can make my ride look clean and get rid of the shitty hubcaps it currently has along with the 14's

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            You flatter yourself. I didn't put nearly that much thought or effort into my response.

I speak from experience with 15X7.5 et 25 on my unmodified car. No way could i run 30mm spacers, not even close.

But don't listen to me, listen to mystikal.
            So, is your new goal on this forum just to talk shit in as many threads as possible?

You don't come off as knowing what you're talking about. You come off as a dickhead.

Give it a fucking rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Jand3rson View Post
              So, is your new goal on this forum just to talk shit in as many threads as possible?

You don't come off as knowing what you're talking about. You come off as a dickhead.

Give it a fucking rest.

I looked back at my recent post history and i see a pretty small percentage of abuse/sarcasm posts but i can't have you thinking i'm i dickhead josh, i'll clean things up.
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I'm looking to pick up a set (17x8 et20) and have them redrilled to 4x100 will they clear one of Massive's bbk's? and if not what size spacer do you believe I'll need? Can I fit 235/40/17's?

Originally posted by blunttech
                Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Public announcement. If you write a quesiton here, don't bother PMing it to me also. Why would this make sense to people I'm not sure, about 1 in every 5 replies I get in my inbox also.

I'm straight up not answering PMs anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bansheeDriver View Post
                    What tire sizes would work best for this

I'm looking at 16x7 +22
                    I have H&R race springs, and am looking for a meatier looking tire (not a fan of the lo-pro look). Would something like 215/50/16 work?
                    You're too low for 215/50 to clear well. Use 225/45/16 for the best combination of sidewall and tread. Or 205/50, still big and bubbly.

Comment

Originally posted by 928*dog View Post
                      Do you say this because it could be a potential safety hazard, or because you think i should buy different wheels just to make it easier? I'm only paying $400 for everything and the tires have 90% tread i'm trying to figure out if i can make my ride look clean and get rid of the shitty hubcaps it currently has along with the 14's
                      That's $400 too much. They're very poor quality wheels AND tires that won't even fit your car without another $200 in hardware. Why spend $600 on trash? Seriously, buy something good. You'll be much happier in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                        I'm looking to pick up a set (17x8 et20) and have them redrilled to 4x100 will they clear one of Massive's bbk's? and if not what size spacer do you believe I'll need? Can I fit 235/40/17's?
                        Massive sells several kits from tiny to gigantic. Either way brake clearance is determined by the rear of the wheel spokes and not fitment spec so I have no idea. 235s won't work on those wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          You're too low for 215/50 to clear well. Use 225/45/16 for the best combination of sidewall and tread. Or 205/50, still big and bubbly.
                          You sir are the bomb. This forum should give you a massive brofist of dollar bills for your service

Comment

Was wondering if on a late model 16x7.5 et25 wheel with a 225/50/16 tire will clear in the rear with a fender roll? I have read the optimal size is 225/45/16 but i have a set sitting in my garage that are in good condition i would like to use if possible car is lowered on ST lowering springs. Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by bansheeDriver View Post
                              You sir are the bomb. This forum should give you a massive brofist of dollar bills for your service
                              Haha thanks

Originally posted by blk90e30 View Post
                              Was wondering if on a late model 16x7.5 et25 wheel with a 225/50/16 tire will clear in the rear with a fender roll? I have read the optimal size is 225/45/16 but i have a set sitting in my garage that are in good condition i would like to use if possible car is lowered on ST lowering springs. Thanks for the help
                              It will rub on larger dips. I mean if you have them laying around, I'd try it personally.

Comment

Any good source for 225-45-16? I have a set of Hartge 16x7.5 ET25 and car will be running IE3/Bilstein Sport suspension. This size seems to be NLA. Other thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X