Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15x7 et24 with 20mm adapters?
    WTB:m60b40 in PNW
    Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
    92 525it 5 speed.
    80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      lol.

Yes, you will need flares to clear a 225/45 without rubbing. Or, just buy wheels that are made for functional E30 fitment. You bought stancey wheels and you're trying to force them to work functionally, essentially a square peg in a round hole. It would seem obvious that wheels better suited to your needs would be a smarter choice than hacking away at quarter panels just to fit a tire size that can work with zero mods on a proper wheel.
      I do appreciate your knowledge and help. I'm new to the e30 world and not knowing I went out and got the Borbets thinking that they were made for the
      e30 and some VW?? This might be a stupid question, but what car were they produced for then? In the mean time I've got them at the powder coater and have dumped a good bit into them already. I'm not married to them by any means, just really liked them. I don't think i'll be able to recoup whats in them now. At some point I do feel like I want flares (maybe if/when I pull the s50 for something crazier) So I guess then my choices are hack away at a minty rust free original paint e30, trade/sell borbets get something different or go with the stupid stretch look with 205/45's then?

Comment

Looking at a set of 16x8 ESM 001 Wheels 4x100 0 Offset. My car is stock. Will these fit without spacers or will they be needed? If so, what size. Also, will they look okay without my car being lowered? And lastly, what size tires do you recommend. My car is a 1992 vert with stock 14" wheels.
        Last edited by mlbryant8; 07-16-2015, 03:03 PM.
        sigpic
        2007 X3
        1992 M Tech Cabrio
        1988 Cabrio - sold
        2001 X5 - sold
        1997 e36 328 - gave to son

Comment

Hello I have a 89 325is on h&hr springs and Bilstien setup. currenlyt stock I picked up a 5 lug swap with e36m3 front and 318ti rear its 5x120 now so I'm thinking style 5s 17x8 and I'm wondering what's the biggest i can go without flaring. Thank you!
          Last edited by trippinlmao; 07-16-2015, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Redrilled e38 style 5s. how can i run 225/45 or 215/45?
            5mm spacer in front to clear brakes.

Comment

is it possible to fit 8.5 wide square set on S2 e30?
              running 235/40/17 NT01
              suggested offset?

track car, no inner guards, not herrafrush

thanks
              88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Hi everyone… I guess this is the right place to ask for TIRE guidance…

My wheels: Front: 16X8/ET6 and Rear: 16X9.5/ET13

I'm looking at FALKEN tires like: 205X40X16 Front and 215X40X16 Rear (or 225X40)
                Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Is my tire spec choice ok to go?… I'm going to be ridding low on Coilovers and possible switching to BAGS when all things are done… (I just don't want to see these wheels as my living room decoration anymore…) :(

Comment

hi i was wondering if a set of 15x8 et25 with 225/55r15 or 215/55r15 will fit a 89 coupe on mild lowering springs (going for an old school street racer look so it doesn't matter if they stick out a little)

these are the wheels http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/15x8-Axis...16.m2518.l4276

Comment

325ix Konig Wideopen fitment

Ive got a 1990 325ix dropped apprx 1.5" from stock currently with oem 15x7 et41 basketweaves on 195/65/15s. Will my ix fit 15x8 et25 konig widopens with 195/55/15s or 205/50/15s without hitting the struts or wheelwell liner or having to roll the fenders?

Thanks for reading
                    1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                    1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                    E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFight View Post
                      15x7 et24 with 20mm adapters?
                      With like, 185 tires it'll probably work. Look a little funky though.

Comment

Originally posted by hexe30 View Post
                        I do appreciate your knowledge and help. I'm new to the e30 world and not knowing I went out and got the Borbets thinking that they were made for the
                        e30 and some VW?? This might be a stupid question, but what car were they produced for then? In the mean time I've got them at the powder coater and have dumped a good bit into them already. I'm not married to them by any means, just really liked them. I don't think i'll be able to recoup whats in them now. At some point I do feel like I want flares (maybe if/when I pull the s50 for something crazier) So I guess then my choices are hack away at a minty rust free original paint e30, trade/sell borbets get something different or go with the stupid stretch look with 205/45's then?
                        It's not about being new, it's about asking for verified, solid knowledge then not accepting said knowledge when it doesn't fit your plans. Buy different wheels if you want grip.

Comment

Originally posted by mlbryant8 View Post
                          Looking at a set of 16x8 ESM 001 Wheels 4x100 0 Offset. My car is stock. Will these fit without spacers or will they be needed? If so, what size. Also, will they look okay without my car being lowered? And lastly, what size tires do you recommend. My car is a 1992 vert with stock 14" wheels.
                          Will not fit. You want an offset between +15 and +20 for a 16x8.

Comment

Originally posted by trippinlmao View Post
                            Hello I have a 89 325is on h&hr springs and Bilstien setup. currenlyt stock I picked up a 5 lug swap with e36m3 front and 318ti rear its 5x120 now so I'm thinking style 5s 17x8 and I'm wondering what's the biggest i can go without flaring. Thank you!
                            You need 3 series offset wheels now, not 5 series. The style 5s "fit" but will be poking all around. E36 M3, E46 330 wheels are perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by redreda1313 View Post
                              Redrilled e38 style 5s. how can i run 225/45 or 215/45?
                              5mm spacer in front to clear brakes.
                              Fender roll front and rear, don't go too low.

Comment

Originally posted by burkey001 View Post
                                is it possible to fit 8.5 wide square set on S2 e30?
                                running 235/40/17 NT01
                                suggested offset?

track car, no inner guards, not herrafrush

thanks
                                Possible, but 8" fits a bit better (starts maxing out space and need to space the 8.5" out a bit passed the fender). 17x8 +25 is ideal.

Comment

Working...
                                X