Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&R Race and Bilstein Sport late arches

15x7 et30 with 225/45 RS-3

Intended use is HPDE so just want to clear struts and not rub on arches. I was thinking 10mm spacers but could i get away with 8mm?

Comment

Late model coupe with e30 m3 5lug, coilovers, and front camber plates.

What is the largest tire I can fit on 16x8 style 5s with and without fender roll?

Comment

Originally posted by apiazza2010 View Post
        Z4 hubs is the same as e30 m3 just 5 mm less out. Pretty nice because they are cheap. Front is e36 hubs with adapter nut sleeve

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
        Interesting. I only have E30 M3 hubs as 5-7mm per side wider than E30 4-lug, so does that mean the Z4 hubs are essentially same as stock? Or is the 5mm figure for total rear track?

Need to nail down those details to be certain, but I can already see your offsets are too low for the tire sizes you want. Mid-30s offsets are likely ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm206 View Post
          I decided to go with Konig Tweakd 15x8 et22. Do I need some small spacers to get closer to et20, or should et22 be fine? Also would you recommend 205/50 or 205/55 tires? Lowered on Bilstein Sports all the way around, '88 cabrio.
          Those should be perfect. Either tire size works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Js2010 View Post
            Thank you.

Will I need spacers on the front because I am fitting 9js? If I was to fit 7.5j on the front would I still need spacers? Is it normal to fit 9js all round?

Thanks again great help. JS

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
            Because of the offset of the 9s. Wheel width means little without offset. Don't concern yourself with the 9s and spacers. 16x9s all around is probably the most commonly asked setup in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by osubeaver View Post
              H&R Race and Bilstein Sport late arches

15x7 et30 with 225/45 RS-3

Intended use is HPDE so just want to clear struts and not rub on arches. I was thinking 10mm spacers but could i get away with 8mm?
              Yep. And front only, you can run the rear sans spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by tonywonder View Post
                Late model coupe with e30 m3 5lug, coilovers, and front camber plates.

What is the largest tire I can fit on 16x8 style 5s with and without fender roll?
                205/45 without, 215/45 with. Remember not to compare your fitment to guys running a re-drill, your hubs push the wheels out further than 4-luggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                  Those should be perfect. Either tire size works fine.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1988 E30 325iC
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok cant seem to find the exact answer Im looking for so let me ask you. E36 M3 front and Ti rears. Im looking at running some Style 5s I pulled from a E38. I believe they are RC035/38? 17X8 and 17X9 with ET20 and Et25. These should fit with no problem right? and what tires would work best with a slightly lowered car?

Comment

Looking at some 16x8's et+15mm for my 86es (not lowered yet), 5.5" backspacing.

ETA: Also looking at some 17x8, +25mm, 5.48 backspacing. Wanting to avoid spacers and fender rolling if at all possible once I lower the car (probably no more the 1.5"-2" front and rear), trying to get a feel what should fit on the car.

Thanks
                      Last edited by Grackle; 07-28-2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shftr8 View Post
                        Ok cant seem to find the exact answer Im looking for so let me ask you. E36 M3 front and Ti rears. Im looking at running some Style 5s I pulled from a E38. I believe they are RC035/38? 17X8 and 17X9 with ET20 and Et25. These should fit with no problem right? and what tires would work best with a slightly lowered car?
                        Fronts will be poking a bit more than the rears, but it's doable. 205/40 and 215/40. Larger tires won't work due to the low offsets.

Comment

Originally posted by Grackle View Post
                          Looking at some 16x8's et+15mm for my 86es (not lowered yet), 5.5" backspacing.

ETA: Also looking at some 17x8, +25mm, 5.48 backspacing. Wanting to avoid spacers and fender rolling if at all possible once I lower the car (probably no more the 1.5"-2" front and rear), trying to get a feel what should fit on the car.

Thanks
                          Both are great offsets out the box, no spacers needed. 205/45 for the first setup, 215/40 for the second.

Comment

Both are great offsets out the box, no spacers needed. 205/45 for the first setup, 215/40 for the second.
                            Awesome, thanks Mystikal!

Comment

3-5mm front.
                              No.
                              If they did before.
                              If there were before.
                              If the wheels require them.
                              Thanks again.

If I use 5mm spacers on the front, will I need longer wheel bolts or will the standard one be OK?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hate to ask again, but 16x8's with a +15mm but a 5.09 backspace. Still good to go?

Comment

Working...
                                X