Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im running 98 m3 up front. And 318ti for the rear.
    Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Which 5-lug?
    Originally posted by dvck
    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

15x8 +0 and 15x9 +0 with 195/50/15 tires all around on Coilovers with camber plates. Should that fit with a good roll? Don't hate on the stretched tires I'm planning on running a wide meaty setup on different wheels also.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
      Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Nope.
        Oh damn I though a 235/40/17 would work on 17x9 +25

What the largest tire I can run on a this wheel?
        Worlds 1st LS powered e30 cabby.
        Cab
        billac: 92 Lagunengrün cabriolet + cadillac LQ9 + Nitrous + rotiform SJC

Raphael: 88 Lagunengrün IX + Hella 500's + Red ACS type 1's

Shaggin Wagon
        : 01 325xiT 5 speed

91 MR2 GT3076TS + E85 = 505whp + antilag = wheelies
        88 CRX OEM+ 42mpg DD.

Comment

Originally posted by bmk View Post
          Oh damn I though a 235/40/17 would work on 17x9 +25

What the largest tire I can run on a this wheel?

The specs I have saved on my phone from one of his previous posts is 245/40 r17 works on 17x9 et22.

Comment

Hey, i have a 1987 "335" with 325i suspension parts soon to have BC coilovers
            and i wanted to know what offset i have to choose for 16x9 up front and 16x10 in the back.
            Would et06 all around fit? The car has adjustable camber in the back.
            Regards
            BMW E30 335i mtech1 '87
            BMW E36 325i coupe '93

Comment

Hey guys. At the moment I have 16*9 et 20 on the back and 16*8 et25 on the front, with 205/45/16 tires all around. I'm on koni sports (long) shocks and vogtland Springs. No spacers needed and I don't rub, but I do scratch my right back tire. This gives about a 2,5cm gap on the front and 1/1,5cm gap on the back (between wheel and fender). I would like to close this gap a bit more but I don't really want to spend money on new Springs as it is a really small gap. I have 2 questions :
              - how low can I go without rubbing and having fitment issues? If I scratch my right tire now, does that mean it will only get worse when lower?
              - what are your thoughts on cutting /compressing Springs? I know it's really not recommend for stock Springs but given that this are lowering springs already, and I only want to cut 1/1,5 cm, will it be that bad?

Comment

This is one of those situations that a cheap fix is not recommended. Clamping or cutting springs is never a good idea. I'd remove the spring pads and add drop hats if you haven't already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

I didn't know you could remove the spring pads. Is it safe and can you do it while using the e90 drop hats?

Btw, aren't the drop hats just for the front?

Comment

I am going to be picking up some style 15 Bottlecaps very soon (16x7.5 et20) and I'm going to be running them with 18mm adapters. My fenders were rolled and pulled as much as possible to accommodate 16x9 wheels which were very impractical. I am on a bilstein sports/H&R drop. What is the largest size of wheels I can go?

Comment

Will 16x8.5 et0 work on a late model on h&r sports and Bilstein Sports? If so, whats the largest tire I can fit with this setup? Thanks!

Comment

thinking about getting the style 5s 17' 5x120 so im going to use adapters
                        im on stock e30 suspension late model. would they fit or would i have to roll fenders?

Comment

1989 E30 M3 - slightly lowered

* 17"x8.5" ACS Type1 - ET13

Not going to roll fenders and absolutely do not want tires to touch at all. Suggestions?
                          Last edited by 95///M3; 06-29-2016, 06:53 AM.

Comment

215/45 is a bit tall, and will probably scrub the front fenders or liners occasionally. 215/40 would be ideal. There are no suitable 225 tires, and 235/40 will fit with a rear fender roll.
                            Awesome man thanks! Just having a hard time finding suitable wheels here which is a bugger haha.
                            Am I right in assuming given the above that with some 15x8 et25/(maybe even et15 if 25 is unsuitable) wheels I could run a square 225/50?(Also hard to find tyres in this size aha)

Comment

10mm hubcentric (with lip) spacers all around and 205/50 tires. You need the spacers for the front strut clearance.
                              Will they be completely stretched on 205s ?

Comment

I have 1988 M3 Suspension on 1987 E30 Body.
                                Currently I have: (My Ride)

OEM 16x8 Style 5 wheels with 215/45R16 Falken AZENIS RT615K

Looking at 17" Style 5 or other type wheels(light), tire selections are greater and possibility of BBK in the future.

I have spacers on the car, not sure of the size.
                                Fenders are rolled.

What are my wheels worth $$ I have one spare never used, has rubber on it. 16 x 8

Guy wants $950 for same basketweaves 17" x 8
                                FB

looks like 215 40 17 front and 205 40 17 rear
                                no name brand tires, so pointless for what I want.

Love to year thoughts
                                Worried about fitment.
                                I am leaning toward just new tires, and move on to other things in the engine bay.

Mostly auto-cross, but would like to get back to the track, thus the braking need.
                                1987 BMW 325is,(M3 S50 Swapped)-Current
                                2010 FJ Cruiser, aka E30 Support Vehicle-(Daily)
                                2008 Scion xB Lowered
                                2001 BMW 325i
                                1995 BMW 318ti
                                1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
                                1965 Ford Mustang Coupe

My Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X