Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
    Haha, so aggressive. I like where this is going.

How small are you planning to go with the tires? A 205/40/17 would make that setup a fairly easy fit, I'd suggest just doing that. It'll look hot.

Jay
    That is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. I am looking at that tire since you mentioned it. Now to get some cheapo tires and it will almost be complete...
    Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
      That is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. I am looking at that tire since you mentioned it. Now to get some cheapo tires and it will almost be complete...
      Cheap stretch: ZE-512, if anyone has any left. Hankook prices have gone up, but Zimmie is running 205/40 K104s on his 17x8.5s, they stretch nicely.

People are claiming that the 912 can't stretch like the 512, but I have physically felt the 912 and it's easily like 60% as stiff as the same sized RT-615 in the shop. It's still SOFT, I think it will stretch just fine. Try to find real info online, because it's otherwise a great cheap tire.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        yeah, i might have to run a spacer in the front to because of the brakes! yikes

I might look into the fender flare option, but i'm not sure how that would look with a mtech II kit... kinda kills the clean lines of the kit.

T1R is a good tire, how is the 512 and 912 compare to the fk452?
        I got my brakes in the mail today.

they don't clear the 16 inch ACT's unless I run 30mm of spacer. :(

the problem is not the caliper hitting the back side of the wheel spokes, but the design of the wheel how the ID narrows as it gets closer to the wheel face

So i'm going to have a look at a spare M5 wheel, and my 17 inch stealies to see if i can make something work as i rebuild my BBS modular race wheels...

so up for sale soon is a set of completely refinished ACT one piece wheels with brand new 0 miles falken fk452's :( :( :(
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Those are SMALL. I don't want to even say a 205, because of the shoulder being pulled in on a 7" wheel. I'd wager 205/50/15 at the biggest, possibly a 195/55 or 195/50.

Jay
          Definitely 195/50 My friend has that size on his Ronal LS and it looks just like that.
          -Erik
          '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
          I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Ronal LS is 15 x 7.5 I don't want too much stretch as I am not able to go super low....

looks like Discount is doing 100$ off a set of 4 again.
            Last edited by houstonh; 03-28-2008, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I got my brakes in the mail today.

they don't clear the 16 inch ACT's unless I run 30mm of spacer. :(

the problem is not the caliper hitting the back side of the wheel spokes, but the design of the wheel how the ID narrows as it gets closer to the wheel face

So i'm going to have a look at a spare M5 wheel, and my 17 inch stealies to see if i can make something work as i rebuild my BBS modular race wheels...

so up for sale soon is a set of completely refinished ACT one piece wheels with brand new 0 miles falken fk452's :( :( :(
              Ouch, well at least you can be happy knowing that even without the spacers they would have been a HUGE headache to fit. Dodged a bullet, haha.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by houstonh View Post
                Ronal LS is 15 x 7.5 I don't want too much stretch as I am not able to go super low....

looks like Discount is doing 100$ off a set of 4 again.
                205/55 and 205/50 will be a slight pull of the sidewall, 225/50 will be square.

Jay

Comment

I can't say they will work, E30s don't like oversized tires (especially by a full inch). If you're willing to start sledgehammering metal and definitely contacting the front chassis weld with a tire occasionally (located directly in the middle of each front tire) you can go for it, but I just can't recommend it. It's an "at your own risk" kind of deal.

A 16x8 ET20 would provide a good platform to work with.

Jay
                  Well, damn.

It just seems like so many people here run small tires. I am running 16x8's and want to make sure I am getting decent rubber down. The car is lowered, so any problems you mentioned will of course be magnified.

What tire size would you run on a 16x8 wheel, on a car that weighs ~2380lbs, and makes about 280hp?
                  Originally posted by Teaguer
                  Filling an Eta's tank with super unleaded will reach the cars maximum attainable performance level .

Aa a bonus filling the tank will also double any Eta's resale value .

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Sun View Post
                    Well, damn.

It just seems like so many people here run small tires. I am running 16x8's and want to make sure I am getting decent rubber down. The car is lowered, so any problems you mentioned will of course be magnified.

What tire size would you run on a 16x8 wheel, on a car that weighs ~2380lbs, and makes about 280hp?
                    No doubt, a 225/45/16 BFG KDW2 would be the best of the easy-to-fit choices (140+ treadwear you want I assume). It's very capable, barely a notch down from the RT-615 really.

A 225/50/16 is possible on the rear though, if it's just getting power down that's the issue. It's the front of an E30 that hates huge tires. Run the 215/45/16 up front and increase rear bias through spring rates / bar / alignment.

Jay

Comment

Well, damn.

Just do 225/45's
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post
                        Just do 225/45's
                        Can't really find the tires I want.

I am really finicky about price of tire, and what you get out of them. Kuhmo MX's, Hankook RS-2s and Falken Azenis have always proved to be the best bang for the buck.
                        Originally posted by Teaguer
                        Filling an Eta's tank with super unleaded will reach the cars maximum attainable performance level .

Aa a bonus filling the tank will also double any Eta's resale value .

Comment

Originally posted by houstonh View Post
                          ...looks like Discount is doing 100$ off a set of 4 again.
                          You got me all excited. It is $100 off a set of tires AND wheels when you order them online.
                          Reminiscing...

Comment

Ouch, well at least you can be happy knowing that even without the spacers they would have been a HUGE headache to fit. Dodged a bullet, haha.

Jay
                            well my E34 M5 spare wheel clears the calipers with 20mm spacers. so how does 17x8 et 0 look with like a 215/40/17??? hahah

I think this is a good excuse to get those flares!
                            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Can't really find the tires I want.

I am really finicky about price of tire, and what you get out of them. Kuhmo MX's, Hankook RS-2s and Falken Azenis have always proved to be the best bang for the buck.
                              Then find some 225/45/16 R-S2s.

As a side note the KDW2 lasts a lot longer than those 3 (while being better than the MX and at least as good as the RS-2), so the price difference isn't as big as it seems.

Jay

Comment

well my E34 M5 spare wheel clears the calipers with 20mm spacers. so how does 17x8 et 0 look with like a 215/40/17??? hahah

I think this is a good excuse to get those flares!
                                Haha, yeah you'll be flaring for that.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X