Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EtaDriven View Post
    So I found a wheel I like, and I'm pretty sure I know the overall diameter and width I'd like, but am not sure when it comes to the offset. These are going to be going on my 1984 325e, which will be slightly lowered on Jom coilovers by the time the wheels get on it.
    WHEELS: 15x8, with either +16 or +0 offset. not looking to roll my fenders.
    TIRES: not really sure, need help knowing a size that will fit nice. I don't want to stretch. I was thinking of 195/55. Looking for a nice fat contact patch.

..Either way here are the wheels for reference, these are the +0 offsets but the +16's are basically the same just with different offset obviously.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/u...1blk/overview/
    +16, 205/50 or 195/55

Comment

Originally posted by d.brocco View Post
      Dude u rule! Thanks in advance for any guidance. I'm in an 88 vert, and looking at a staggered 16" setup with 7s and 8s. all offsets are +18.
      Tires i'm thinking 195/45/16 & 205/45/16. ground control coilovers - i like to DRIVE.
      A. how am i looking so far?
      B. does it sound right that i would need a spacer to push the front wheel out the extra 1/2" (if the offsets are equal and there's a 1" difference in wheel width)?
      C. would said spacer f up my steering feel?
      Keep up the rad work.
      Perfect. Don't get spacers yet, the fitment will be pretty much spot-on out the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        Should just barely clear with 225/45s and no roll.
        Awesome! Thank you for all the help, happy Holidays!

Comment

Perfect. Don't get spacers yet, the fitment will be pretty much spot-on out the box.
          Excellent!! Thanks again merry xmas :)
          Darien
          1974 2002 "Careen"
          1988 325i vert "Serene"
          1994 Ferrari 348 spider "Fiora"

Comment

Originally posted by charltonward View Post
            Have a turbo build in the works, and am in search of traction. Willing to roll (and maybe pull) the fenders the car isn't slammed, but it is low.
            17" wheels; what offset and width will allow the widest tire?
            What will that tires dimensions be?
            Would love to fit 255's in the back maybe 225's up front?
            17x8 +25 235/40 front
            17x8.5 +30 245/40 rear

Should only need a roll in the back.
            Will 245/45/17 work as well, or is that too tall?
            Having a difficult time finding a wheel i like in the size you mentioned.
            What would 17x8.5 ET30 up front allow tire wise?
            If I cannot find 17's I like, what is optimal size for 15" wheels?
            Last edited by charltonward; 01-09-2017, 06:23 PM.

Comment

what do you think about this tire size 195/45/16 wheel is 4x100 7 wide et33 for IX? Tires have good thread so do not want to change them if I do not have to.
              Last edited by IXSTATUS; 01-07-2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I have the opportunity to purchase some 16x7.5 and 16x8 et 11 BBS RS's 211 in a 5x120 bolt pattern. I have a set of 18mm adapters. This would bring the final offset to - 7mm. I am currently bagged.

1. Could these wheels fit without fender rolling or pulling?

2. Would fill/drilling the wheels be the better option?

3. What tire size would be most appropriate?

Thank you all for your help in advanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@e30vt

Comment

Looking to get these

15x8 et15

or these

With over 30 years of experience, MST Wheels is founded with the basic principle of providing the car enthusiasts around the world with top quality wheels at affordable prices. We now have flow formed wheels added to our catalog.

15x8 et20

on my 1985 318i. stock suspension for now but hopefully will lower an inch or so this summer. Which wheel would you recommend and what tire size? thanks!

Comment

I recall 15/8 et 20 is desired.

et 15 might cause real lip issues
                    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

235/40/17 seams to be a dying tire size, think 245/40/17 square would fit on an E30 on 17x8 wheels?
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by dirtythurdy1 View Post
                        Looking to get these

15x8 et15

or these

With over 30 years of experience, MST Wheels is founded with the basic principle of providing the car enthusiasts around the world with top quality wheels at affordable prices. We now have flow formed wheels added to our catalog.

15x8 et20

on my 1985 318i. stock suspension for now but hopefully will lower an inch or so this summer. Which wheel would you recommend and what tire size? thanks!

I run 15x8 et15 on 205/50/15 ZII star specs and didn't have any troubles with rubbing. I'm lowered on what I believe are racing dynamics springs.

Comment

Originally posted by iPee View Post
                          I run 15x8 et15 on 205/50/15 ZII star specs and didn't have any troubles with rubbing. I'm lowered on what I believe are racing dynamics springs.

thank you that is perfect, looks amazing!

Comment

Hi, I'm looking to get some 16x8 et20 wheels all around for my 87 325is with H&R sport springs and I was wondering if I needed spacers, and the tire size I can get without fender rolling.

Would a different offset be better than others?
                            Last edited by ven0m43; 01-11-2017, 06:23 PM.

Comment

16x8.25 et25. All 'round with 10mm spacer for the front and 15 or 20mm rear??

Happy to roll/pull/ruin fenders. Just wondering if this is going to be nice?
                              20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Originally posted by charltonward View Post
                                Will 245/45/17 work as well, or is that too tall?
                                Having a difficult time finding a wheel i like in the size you mentioned.
                                What would 17x8.5 ET30 up front allow tire wise?
                                If I cannot find 17's I like, what is optimal size for 15" wheels?
                                Too tall.
                                Those would rub the struts.
                                15x8 +22 is ideal.

Comment

Working...
                                X