Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IXSTATUS View Post
    what do you think about this tire size 195/45/16 wheel is 4x100 7 wide et33 for IX? Tires have good thread so do not want to change them if I do not have to.
    Tire is very short, but will physically work.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_vt View Post
      I have the opportunity to purchase some 16x7.5 and 16x8 et 11 BBS RS's 211 in a 5x120 bolt pattern. I have a set of 18mm adapters. This would bring the final offset to - 7mm. I am currently bagged.

1. Could these wheels fit without fender rolling or pulling?

2. Would fill/drilling the wheels be the better option?

3. What tire size would be most appropriate?

Thank you all for your help in advanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Works okay only because you're bagged. Fitment at static height would be too aggressive, but with bags you should have nice fender to lip fitment. I'd run 195/45 square.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtythurdy1 View Post
        Looking to get these

15x8 et15

or these

With over 30 years of experience, MST Wheels is founded with the basic principle of providing the car enthusiasts around the world with top quality wheels at affordable prices. We now have flow formed wheels added to our catalog.

15x8 et20

on my 1985 318i. stock suspension for now but hopefully will lower an inch or so this summer. Which wheel would you recommend and what tire size? thanks!
        First one is best with a 205/55 or 205/50, second one you can fit up to 225/50 or 225/45.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          235/40/17 seams to be a dying tire size, think 245/40/17 square would fit on an E30 on 17x8 wheels?
          With a very high ride height, yes. Otherwise the front will catch the fender and/or seam and the rear will rub. +25 is a good offset.

Comment

Originally posted by ven0m43 View Post
            Hi, I'm looking to get some 16x8 et20 wheels all around for my 87 325is with H&R sport springs and I was wondering if I needed spacers, and the tire size I can get without fender rolling.

Would a different offset be better than others?
            No spacers and 205/50 tires. Perfect fit.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbE30 View Post
              16x8.25 et25. All 'round with 10mm spacer for the front and 15 or 20mm rear??

Happy to roll/pull/ruin fenders. Just wondering if this is going to be nice?
              10mm front, 15mm rear, 205/45 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                With a very high ride height, yes. Otherwise the front will catch the fender and/or seam and the rear will rub. +25 is a good offset.

You sir are a saint! Might have a go with the 245/35/17 Toyo R1R.

On another note, what offset would you suggest to make 225/45/15's fit on 15x9 square?

How much massaging would be needed to fit the new 245/40/15 Hancook RS4 on 15x10 square?

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  You sir are a saint! Might have a go with the 245/35/17 Toyo R1R.

On another note, what offset would you suggest to make 225/45/15's fit on 15x9 square?

How much massaging would be needed to fit the new 245/40/15 Hancook RS4 on 15x10 square?

15x9s suck, you have to space the fronts way out to +10 to clear the struts (larger wheels can get by with higher offsets due to the inclination of the strut). Fitment for real rubber will be impossible once you're out there.

You can surmise my opinion on 15x10s based on that. :D

I saw that new size. Will likely be THE hot ticket E30 size for those competing at higher levels. I can see people shoehorning them onto 15x8 +20 wheels (since there's so many of them, and a 245/40 fits well on an 8" rim) with pulled fender arches.

Comment

No spacers and 205/50 tires. Perfect fit.
                    In regards to this, having a 16x8 et20 wheel, is 205/50 tyre without stretch?

If i wanted to go with a with 225/40 or 225/45 can i use a similar offset without a spacer or what offset would you recommend ? As a reference these are the wheels i am looking
                    MEISTER M1 3PIECEアルミホイールメーカー株式会社ワークのWEBサイト。

Also, I will have fortune auto coilovers with garagistics adjustable camber and toe rear subframe.

Thank-you

Comment

Too tall.
                      Those would rub the struts.
                      15x8 +22 is ideal.
                      What is needed to run 17x8.5 et30 up front?
                      What is the widest tire I can fit up front with it?
                      15x8 +22 will allow the widest tire possible?
                      What tires will that be front and rear on 15" wheels?
                      Last edited by charltonward; 01-18-2017, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Hey. 325 touring on ground controls.
                        Impul silhouettes 17x8 et36 and 17x9 et36

What size adapters would I need front and back?
                        Tire sizes?
                        Is it possible to run this setup without rubbing? Will it require heavy fender work? Thanks in advance

Comment

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Ccw 16x9 et19 square , anyway to make them fit with adapters and no fender work?going on a 89 325i 2dr

Last edited by 4doorbmw; 01-20-2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I'm usually a reader of this thread, love it. Thx everyone who's contributing.
                            Looking to get a set of track wheels/tires and wanted to get some input on tire sizes.

Any input on tire sizes for:
                            17x9 et30 front w/ 15-20mm spacer to clear strut
                            17x9 et30 rear w/ 5mm spacer

This would be on an early model w/ rolled fenders, 5x120 hubs.
                            5x120 swap results in about -10mm offset front & rear.

Currently running 16x8.5 et13 w/ 3mm spacer front, 16x9.5 et19 rear.
                            205/45 front
                            215/40 rear
                            Front pokes slightly but no rub.
                            Last edited by pandaboo911; 01-19-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Hi Mystikal, fantastic and informative thread, thanks for all your information! Just picked up an '88 325is and here's my desired setup:
                              Ground Control suspension - hoping to drop it approx. 2"
                              Looking to run all 4 wheels the same size, ESM-002r (either 16x8 ET20 or 16x9 ET15) most likely with a 205/50 or 205/45 tire.
                              Would either of those wheel sizes work for me without needing spacers or any fender rolling?
                              I would prefer the 16x9s for the deeper dish look, but if I will need spacers or fender rolling then I'd prefer the 16x8s.
                              Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Hey man,
                                I'm fairly new on this. I'm pretty sure what iam about to ask has
                                Already been answered. But there's like 600 odd pages in this topic. Lol

I've bought some 17x9 et20 4x100.
                                Rear fenders have been rolled.

I knw they will fit. What tyres can I put on the rear and the front.
                                Was thinking 235 or 245 on the rear and maybe 225 on the front.

I dnt mind using spacers .

Comment

Working...
                                X