Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by my325i View Post
    What is the max backspacing before spacers are needed 15" wheels for 1987 325i
    Backspacing? We talk offset on BMWs. And either way, it totally depends on the width of the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by h82crash View Post
      I saw a 325is with 17x7 et40 without spacers and they fit fine. Clearance at the strut was about .25". When spacers are suggested is it just to get the wheels closer to the fenders?
      17" and up wheels are easy to fit even with unsuitable offsets, because the struts are angled inwards towards the top of the car. While a 17x7 ET40 works, a 15x7 ET40 will definitely contact the suspension.

That said, I still suggest spacers not only for appearance sake, but also to maintain the proper steering geometry. You can radically change the handling of a car when you run wheels with offsets that far off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        Well then you better get to stretching on some 205/40/17s. If you want to look agressive like these guys, you have to run skinny AND undersized tires. No choice really.
        Thanks Jay, I'm not worried about running small tires, its the offsets that are important. After looking at some other wheels ET16 looks perfect for the front and ET06 may work in the rear. I just don't want the wheels poking too far out past the fenders either.

I saw ET16 on a 15x8" wheel on an E30 and it looked just about flush...
        Reminiscing...

Comment

I'm looking at 2 sets of wheels and trying to decide which set to buy. The first set is 4x100 15x6 et38 and the second is 6.5 x 15 ET17 4 x 114.3. They are both RSs. I'd like to run probably a 2" lip on either set. Would I be better off buying the et17s and having them redrilled to 4x100 or buying the et38s and running spacers? Thanks!!

Comment

Please!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Tavern Gnome View Post
              I'm looking at 2 sets of wheels and trying to decide which set to buy. The first set is 4x100 15x6 et38 and the second is 6.5 x 15 ET17 4 x 114.3. They are both RSs. I'd like to run probably a 2" lip on either set. Would I be better off buying the et17s and having them redrilled to 4x100 or buying the et38s and running spacers? Thanks!!
              If you're going to widen them, getting the first set would be advisable. I'll explain why.

First set widened: 15x7.5 ET19 (which is perfect)
              Second set widened: 15x8 ET-2 (which will poke WAY outside the fenders)

...and you'd still have to redrill the second set, which is always a risk. Hell, I'd go for even wider lips on the 15x6 ET38s, those are perfect for deep dish (they are close to the inside of the car, leaving all the room you want for big lips on the outside).

Comment

thank you sir!

Comment

help!!

Ok. So im buying a set of 17X7.5 et35 4x100 off of a vw. What size spacers and hub centric rings will i need to make them fit perfectly with no modifications? Also, they have 205/40/17's on them. Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwtyler View Post
                    Ok. So im buying a set of 17X7.5 et35 4x100 off of a vw. What size spacers and hub centric rings will i need to make them fit perfectly with no modifications? Also, they have 205/40/17's on them. Thanks in Advance.
                    The good news is you won't need any spacers to just mount them up right now. If you want them to really look good though, 15mm hubcentric. And change the tires to 215/40/17 when they wear out.

Comment

Mystikal, I feel plan B coming on: several people insist that 7.5Jx17 ET25 with 235/40-17 will fit with no fender rolling. Is that truly the case? I didn't think so, but so many people mention it...

Comment

15x7 Euroweaves

I have a set of 15x7 Euroweaves and I am looking to put 225/50s on them for my 86 eta. However the guys at Discount said that the max width is 205 which I doubt but I figured that I would make double sure before I ordered the tires. No suspension mods yet. I am looking at the Falken ZE-912s.

Comment

I dont do much as far as 15's or stock suspension, but even in a 225, that make of tires will still be narrower than other 225's. The front is where I would be worried about snagging a fender.
                          sigpic

Comment

Im finding it hard to find info on bbs and oz racing wheels anyone else have this kind of trubble?

Anyways i noticed that the bbs LM come in 17x8 and wanted to know why no one has them. cos obviously if they fitted the e30 a few people would have them. Is there a way to make them fit?

Thanks Massimo
                            sigpic

Comment

Hm....
                              wouldnt it be beneficial to make a table or some guide, what would fit e30 without any mods, and what would require fender rolling...

eg. 17x7.5 wheel will require et20 and up to 215x40x17 should be sweet without rolling...

than say 16x8 will require etXX tires xxxXxxXxx will require rolling, etc....

or a tleast rough guide ?

cos i see people asking the same questions all the time....

Comment

Originally posted by nmlss2006 View Post
                                Mystikal, I feel plan B coming on: several people insist that 7.5Jx17 ET25 with 235/40-17 will fit with no fender rolling. Is that truly the case? I didn't think so, but so many people mention it...
                                On the iS or the M3? Without M3 fenders, it depends on the tire. For example, on a 7.5" wheel the BFG KDW is only 9.0" wide, while an RE050 is 9.3". The KDW has a good chance of working, but the RE050...not so much. In either case it would just be a simple roll, nothing huge.

Comment

Working...
                                X