Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15mm, so I'll have to get studs and spacers for sure, huh ? I was also looking at the Maxxium Le Manns Mesh. They are a 35mm offset. Either way I'll need studs, correct ? Or do they sell a longer wheel "bolt" -lug.? 35mm would work with 10mm spacers, right ?
    [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by expressfish View Post
      15mm, so I'll have to get studs and spacers for sure, huh ? I was also looking at the Maxxium Le Manns Mesh. They are a 35mm offset. Either way I'll need studs, correct ? Or do they sell a longer wheel "bolt" -lug.? 35mm would work with 10mm spacers, right ?
      Spacers for sure, and yes they sell longer bolts. H&R retailers can sell you everything you need. You don't want 10mm spacers, as they will not be hubcentric (meaning...you don't want them). You can run the 15mm spacer with an ET35 wheel also.

Comment

Originally posted by expressfish View Post
        Turner Motorsports sells longer lug bolts.

I just bought a set of black ones.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Question about my E46, help much appreciated.

I happened upon a set of MVR rims, J8.5x19 et43, any way these can fit?

-Devon
          Last edited by devonjordan; 05-10-2008, 05:09 PM.
          Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

I've got 16x9 et25 rear and 16x7.5 et35 front...im currently running 10mm spacer up front and none out back.. Im planning on buying 25mm for the front and 5mm in the rear.. would this be about flush both ways? thanks
            -Brandon
            sigpic

Comment

So if I want to run a 15x8 with a 205/50/15 wheel, what offset should I run?
              I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
              2875-C Towerview Road
              Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by devonjordan View Post
                Question about my E46, help much appreciated.

I happened upon a set of MVR rims, J8.5x19 et43, any way these can fit?

-Devon
                Yup, easy fitment. 235/35/19 tires.

Comment

Originally posted by 4ce30 View Post
                  I've got 16x9 et25 rear and 16x7.5 et35 front...im currently running 10mm spacer up front and none out back.. Im planning on buying 25mm for the front and 5mm in the rear.. would this be about flush both ways? thanks
                  -Brandon
                  Flush is a subjective term, show me a pic of a car with wheel fitment that you like and I can tell you how to achieve that look.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
                    So if I want to run a 15x8 with a 205/50/15 wheel, what offset should I run?
                    ET20 will be fine.

Comment

Well I was going to wait and use my first post for my intro once I finished the swap on my e30, but I need to ask something.....

I have a set of BBS RM's 15x8 & 15x8.5, what size tires do you think I should go with? Or am I to limited on tire choices? I ask because I'll be doing a M50 Turbo setup, though it's not going to be heavily built or pushin' crazy amounts boost or anything like that but still.....

Comment

Originally posted by PaT_e30 View Post
                        Well I was going to wait and use my first post for my intro once I finished the swap on my e30, but I need to ask something.....

I have a set of BBS RM's 15x8 & 15x8.5, what size tires do you think I should go with? Or am I to limited on tire choices? I ask because I'll be doing a M50 Turbo setup, though it's not going to be heavily built or pushin' crazy amounts boost or anything like that but still.....
                        The offset becomes really low once you widen RMs. Those 15x8s are now ET14 and the 15x8.5s are now ET8. Getting anything wider than a 205/50/15 is going to require a lot of fender work, even getting the 205 on will require a flat roll and a lot of spring rate.

If you want traction, I'd really suggest getting another set of rims.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          If you want traction, I'd really suggest getting another set of rims.
                          Yeah that's what I was afraid of.....oh well......

Would anything in the 17in range work well? The ones I'm looking at come in;

17x7.5: +55, +42, +32

17x8.5: +42, +32, +25
                          Last edited by PaT_e30; 05-12-2008, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Just got a set of m-systems 17x8 and 17x9 in the rear. Anyway to make these fit with 235/40 17 toyo r1r's? Or should i be looking for 17x8 in the rear?

Comment

Originally posted by PaT_e30 View Post
                              Yeah that's what I was afraid of.....oh well......

Would anything in the 17in range work well? The ones I'm looking at come in;

17x7.5: +55, +42, +32

17x8.5: +42, +32, +25
                              The lowest offsets for each respective size would work quite well. I'd personally get the 17x8.5 all around with 235/40/17 tires. You'd have some fender rolling to do in the back, but nothing extreme. Depending on the exact tire you may also have to run a 3mm spacer up front to clear the strut tube. This all may sound like a headache, but you will have plenty of traction afterwards. The easy way out would be the same rims but with 215/40/17 all around.

Comment

Originally posted by surebimmer View Post
                                Just got a set of m-systems 17x8 and 17x9 in the rear. Anyway to make these fit with 235/40 17 toyo r1r's? Or should i be looking for 17x8 in the rear?
                                Actually with either width rim you can't get 235's on without fender pulling/flaring.

Comment

Working...
                                X