Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the tire/wheel gods: :)

I have an '87 vert with H&R Race springs and Bilstein sports, and 16x7 wheels that need tires.

What tire size should I run, and with how wide a spacer?
    Originally posted by alpinaclone
    Since the real economy is in the shitter, I say we start our own.

This is how it works; you buy my junk, then I will buy more junk and so on so forth etc. etc. Think of the future of your children and buy my stuff.

Comment

How well would a 17x8, with an offset of 22 up front and 11 in the rear fit my car? TIA

Comment

i have some porsche wheels from another project of mine that i would like to put on my new e30 they are 17x7 et55 and 17x8.5 et50 will these wheels fit with the use of 25mm adapters suspension is stock right now waiting on wheels to decide what suspension to go with thanks in adavnce for all the help

Comment

Originally posted by ethirdy View Post

I have an '87 vert with H&R Race springs and Bilstein sports, and 16x7 wheels that need tires.

He will need to know your offset.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by motorsports_3 View Post
            How well would a 17x8, with an offset of 22 up front and 11 in the rear fit my car? TIA
            It will be pretty flush. You would probably need a 205/40/17 to pull it off with no rubbing.
            Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
            EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
            FullOpp Stickers for sale!
            NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
            Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
            ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

They would be perfect with a 205/40. Are you looking at the Jlines on Vortex?
              -Erik
              '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
              I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                He will need to know your offset.
                My bad - ET40 :) Thanks!
                Originally posted by alpinaclone
                Since the real economy is in the shitter, I say we start our own.

This is how it works; you buy my junk, then I will buy more junk and so on so forth etc. etc. Think of the future of your children and buy my stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
                  I will go home tonight and get an exact measurement from sidewall to fender lip. Do you want me to take any other measurements? Is there anything else that would make the tire not fit?

E30_Fiend
                  That can give me a good ballpark, but again only if you manage to measure the point of the fender that is CLOSEST to the sidewall.

But before we continue this project, which is by all means very vague and will possibly lead to data that isn't really worth banking anything on, I'd tell you to just mount the 225's and see what's up. You've already done what sounds like a lot of work, and there are guys running around with the same setup at ET20 with just mildly rolled lips. If you really got to work on those arches you should have easily made the extra 5mm. If it rubs, then roll some more.

Or if all of this scares you, just run 215/45/16 RT-615s. They're ultra-sticky and will be 2x easier to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by wagonizzle View Post
                    Jay,

Back in post #826 of this monster I was asking about 215/50/15 BFG Gsports for euroweaves. I have not purchased tires yet, but have been rolling on undersized 195/60/14's for the last 2 months and the increase in gearing and how the rear end comes around (not slides, just how it turns) has been better. So I was wondering about getting a set of 205/50/15 instead. Another thing is I think I will try to find a better three season tire for the RZ's, as I have three sets of wheels and want to do stickies and snows on the others for situational use, but run the RZ's most of the time. So what do you recommend at this point? I have a S3.73 fwiw. Thanks!

Jack
                    205/50 is fine, it's just preference between the two. The 205/50 will leave more fender gap, but there aren't any driveability issues with such a setup.

The BFG is a great 3-season tire, although it isn't the greatest in the wet. Take a look at the Kumho SPT for a solid all-around tire (very close to the G-Force Sport in the dry and a lot better in the wet), that is also reasonably priced. If you want to spend some more, the Michelin Pilot Exalto is a REALLY great all-around tire that will also last twice as long as most others, so the price difference balances out in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by ethirdy View Post

My bad - ET40 Thanks
                      You can run a 20mm spacer all around. 205/50/16 is the safe bet for tires, but you can easily fit on a 225/45/16.

Comment

Pretty aggressive setup. 205/40/17 is your only option, and you would very very likely have to roll the rear fender lips a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                          205/50 is fine, it's just preference between the two. The 205/50 will leave more fender gap, but there aren't any driveability issues with such a setup.

The BFG is a great 3-season tire, although it isn't the greatest in the wet. Take a look at the Kumho SPT for a solid all-around tire (very close to the G-Force Sport in the dry and a lot better in the wet), that is also reasonably priced. If you want to spend some more, the Michelin Pilot Exalto is a REALLY great all-around tire that will also last twice as long as most others, so the price difference balances out in the long run.

Thanks, Jay. I decided on the General Exclaim UHP's after reading a bunch of reviews. They got consistently high marks and were rated above the SPT's. Hopefully they'll work out.
                          Originally posted by chileelky
                          amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

Comment

Thanks, Jay. I decided on the General Exclaim UHP's after reading a bunch of reviews. They got consistently high marks and were rated above the SPT's. Hopefully they'll work out.
                            Hmm, did you already order them? The Exclaims are absolutely loved by the Tirerack customer base, but I have test data that shows them to be barely average, even compared to all-season tires (which they technically are, and which makes them even less impressive when you realize that they would be slaughtered if they were put into a real summer performance class). It's a soft and imprecise tire that is also pretty noisy, I've never been a fan. The Falken ZE-912 is another super-cheap option that is actually a lot more capable than the Exclaim.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                              Hmm, did you already order them? The Exclaims are absolutely loved by the Tirerack customer base, but I have test data that shows them to be barely average, even compared to all-season tires (which they technically are, and which makes them even less impressive when you realize that they would be slaughtered if they were put into a real summer performance class). It's a soft and imprecise tire that is also pretty noisy, I've never been a fan. The Falken ZE-912 is another super-cheap option that is actually a lot more capable than the Exclaim.
                              Haha I ordered them Tuesday afternoon and they were on the porch 24 hours later. Go TireRack. I read a BUNCH of customer reviews to go along with the TR tests, and they really did get good marks from a lot of people. My biggest concern is wet performance. The only sketchy situations I've been in in the e30 were during rainy conditions, and the Generals had a much better wet rating than the other tires they were compared to. Oh well, if they truly suck, it was less than $300 for all 4. Once I get them broken in I can give you my thoughts, but after two years of owning the car, this is the first set of brand new rubber I'll be putting on, so they will probably SEEM great no matter what. Thanks for the input though...
                              Originally posted by chileelky
                              amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

Comment

Haha I ordered them Tuesday afternoon and they were on the porch 24 hours later. Go TireRack. I read a BUNCH of customer reviews to go along with the TR tests, and they really did get good marks from a lot of people. My biggest concern is wet performance. The only sketchy situations I've been in in the e30 were during rainy conditions, and the Generals had a much better wet rating than the other tires they were compared to. Oh well, if they truly suck, it was less than $300 for all 4. Once I get them broken in I can give you my thoughts, but after two years of owning the car, this is the first set of brand new rubber I'll be putting on, so they will probably SEEM great no matter what. Thanks for the input though...
                                Yeah they're not by any means terrible, just not as good as Tirerack customers seem to think (and I'm still not sure why they love it so much). Kind of like the Toyo T1-R obsession that floats around BMW boards, it doesn't make much sense.

You'll be more than happy, I'm sure. This will just give you a reason to drive them harder anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X