Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question about the offset of Borbet A wheels. What offset do they run, would they fit a standard 91 318is?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
      Those look to be 4x4.5", they won't fit an E30.
      That they are, thanks Mystikal :)

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Hey Mystikal, I'm about to purchase some new rims and wanted to know what's going to be the best combination for flush fitment.

17X8 et.42

I'm going to be pulling and rolling my fenders, and wanted to know what spacers I'd need to run, in order to get flush fitment. I want to run a 235/45/17 if possible.
        Last edited by e30polak; 08-27-2008, 11:49 PM.
        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

A slight fender flare in the rear most likely. The fronts will likely squeeze by with just a flat roll.

ZiMMie's car is running that rear setup with 225/35/17 tires and 8mm spacers. It's CLOSE with flat fender lips, but his ~650lb/in GC springs help there too. Your setup has taller rear tires, which make things a lot more difficult; his setup would not work with 24" diameter tires.

Jay
          I was intstalling my front wheels last night and noticed that the front wheels touch the brake caliper. I was not happy after hearing that they will bolt right on. Now i'll have to pick up a small spacer. :(
          I have yet to check the rears.
          Last edited by dmoney(AB); 08-28-2008, 11:17 AM.

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
          function>form

Comment

Originally posted by e3niner View Post
            Vehicle is a 1991 318is currently on stock suspension (plan to lower w/h&r race), factory fender roll. I would like the wheel/tire combo to sit as flush as possible (no rubbing) without rolling the fenders any further.

My question is, what size spacer would I need to mount a set of 17x7 et 42 bbs rk with either 215/40/17 or 225/35/17 tires? Please advise. Thank you.
            With either tire, you can use up to 25mm spacers to get those wheels to sit properly. This will place the wheel/tire as close as possible without rubbing.

I'd also suggest that you stick to 215/40, 225/35 is a little too wide for a 7" wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by stegosaurus View Post
              I have a question about the offset of Borbet A wheels. What offset do they run, would they fit a standard 91 318is?
              There's easily over a dozen versions of the Borbet A offered, can't really answer that.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                Hey Mystikal, I'm about to purchase some new rims and wanted to know what's going to be the best combination for flush fitment.

17X8 et.42

I'm going to be pulling and rolling my fenders, and wanted to know what spacers I'd need to run, in order to get flush fitment. I want to run a 235/45/17 if possible.
                Flush? Or Flush? If someone is going for Flush they run stretched tires, otherwise it's not really possible for the tire/wheel to be flush with the fender given the arc of suspension travel.

If you run 20mm you can get away with 235/40/17 tires (with the fender work you mentioned). But again, flush is subjective in your case as you can't really do such a thing with full sized tires.

Comment

Originally posted by dmoney(AB) View Post
                  I was intstalling my front wheels last night and noticed that the front wheels touch the brake caliper. I was not happy after hearing that they will bolt right on. Now i'll have to pick up a small spacer. :(
                  I have yet to check the rears.
                  That's a shame, caliper clearance is something that no wheel spec can accurately predict.

Comment

Flush? Or Flush? If someone is going for Flush they run stretched tires, otherwise it's not really possible for the tire/wheel to be flush with the fender given the arc of suspension travel.

If you run 20mm you can get away with 235/40/17 tires (with the fender work you mentioned). But again, flush is subjective in your case as you can't really do such a thing with full sized tires.
                    So for perfect fitment, 20 in the back and 17 up front? or what to make it almost perfect? 235/40/17 will be better then the 215/45/17 I'm currently running.
                    Last edited by e30polak; 08-31-2008, 02:55 PM.
                    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Looking at a set of BBS RZ 15 X 7 et 20 with Kuhmo Ecsta ASX 225/50's to mount on my 89 325is w/H&R Sport springs, Bilstein Sports. Will I have clearance problems with this width?

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                        So for perfect fitment, 20 in the back and 17 up front? or what to make it almost perfect? 235/40/17 will be better then the 215/40/17 I'm currently running.
                        You may or may not clear the front struts with 17mm spacers and those beefy tires. It would be close.

I'd say a 5mm offset difference F-R makes for an even flush fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
                          Looking at a set of BBS RZ 15 X 7 et 20 with Kuhmo Ecsta ASX 225/50's to mount on my 89 325is w/H&R Sport springs, Bilstein Sports. Will I have clearance problems with this width?
                          Hmmm. It seems Kumho discontinued that size or something, as Tirerack as well as Kumho don't list their specs anymore. Without seeing their section width I really can't tell you if it will work.

That said, the only 225/50/15s that are known to work without fender rolling on that rim are the Falken ZE-512s. The new ZE-912 will just barely touch occasionally (both run narrower than any other tire in that size).

Comment

Thanks--would I be fine with 215/50's then?

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
                              Thanks--would I be fine with 215/50's then?
                              Affirmative.

I gotta ask though, where are you finding these sizes? Kumho doesn't make either the 225/50 nor the 215/50 in the ASX line.

And I'd also recommend the Falken ZE-912 over either. It's the highest rated all-season (although it's useless in the winter. If you're planning on using these in the snow then the ASX is a great choice).

Comment

FYI--I was going on what size the guy said the tires were and then checked and found the ASX's were an all-season, (which I don't want anyway since I've got dedicated snows on steelies) and that 225/50 size isn't even listed on Tire Rack's site for ASX's. Going to look into the Falkens, but where would you suggest buying?

Comment

Working...
                                X