Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
    FYI--I was going on what size the guy said the tires were and then checked and found the ASX's were an all-season, (which I don't want anyway since I've got dedicated snows on steelies) and that 225/50 size isn't even listed on Tire Rack's site for ASX's. Going to look into the Falkens, but where would you suggest buying?
    www.discounttiredirect.com is a good source. Apparently Sears carries them in the US too, try them for a quote (get them to price match DTD probably).

Comment

ive looked through the pages in this thread and found some info on my question. however i just want to ask again to re-assure.

im looking at buying a set of used kosei k1 in 17x7 flavor. et42mm 205/40/17 tires

not interested in using wide tires or fender rolling.

i've heard that these will bolt-on without spacers, is this true? car they will be mounted on is a 91 318is and is lowered on h&r sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        You may or may not clear the front struts with 17mm spacers and those beefy tires. It would be close.

I'd say a 5mm offset difference F-R makes for an even flush fitment.
        Maybe 23/24 in the back and like 19 up front?
        Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by vfstyles View Post
          ive looked through the pages in this thread and found some info on my question. however i just want to ask again to re-assure.

im looking at buying a set of used kosei k1 in 17x7 flavor. et42mm 205/40/17 tires

not interested in using wide tires or fender rolling.

i've heard that these will bolt-on without spacers, is this true? car they will be mounted on is a 91 318is and is lowered on h&r sports.
          They'll bolt on, but they will sit far, far inside of the fenders. It'll also alter the steering geometry in a strange way.

I'd suggest 15mm-20mm spacers. You can run those same tires and up to 215/40/17 without any rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
            Maybe 23/24 in the back and like 19 up front?
            lol, sure. Or just man up and do 20/25, which is a lot easier to remember. :p

Comment

lol, sure. Or just man up and do 20/25, which is a lot easier to remember. :p
              Sounds good I'll make sure to pull and roll the fenders nicely. :D
              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

so id like to run stretched tired on my 15x8 RM's, but I don't want them to be like this..

I'd much rather them be like this...

and I'd like to know what tire size to run to achieve this look...

thanks alot.

Originally posted by Janderson
                you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Will these BBS's fit in an E30?

15x8 ET14
                  15x8.5 ET8

RIP

Comment

Since getting close to the fenders is a high priority, I'm going to recommend 205/40/17 tires (about the same diameter as stock on your '84) instead of 215, as it gives you more room for flush fitment.

Run 25mm spacers with any of those rims. It will result in a final offset of 13-15, which will place the wheels nice and flush with the fenders. This will just clear with the 205 tires and not require rolling.

They will all handle pretty similarly, don't let that be a deal breaker.
                    I had my wheels off today and measured from the mounting surface to the shocks and from the mounting surface to the fenders on both the front and the rear.
                    In the front I measured to the strut itself at 133.35mm clear and then to the lower spring pad at 98.42mm clear.
                    Will 17's and tires, with no spacers, be under the the lower spring pad?
                    Even when slammmed with coilovers?
                    Thanks for the help again...
                    sigpic
                    "Drive like you mean it. Commit."
                    "Progress Fervently."

Comment

Do you guys think these will fit? And do you think they're ugly or what?

Touch me

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

hey mystikal i've gone throught the thread a bit but i just wanted to make sure. i was looking into the Rota Slipstreams in 15x6.5" or 15x7 and was wondering what offset would be best. i'll probably get them from 18racing. thanks.

Comment

thanks jay

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                            Do you guys think these will fit? And do you think they're ugly or what?

Touch me

I like them, kinda look like the old 'Vette rims that some dubbers like to run.

You'd need like 20mm spacer though. And the 195/50s that are on them will lower the car like 1 1/2" lower than a stock size tire.
                            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              I like them, kinda look like the old 'Vette rims that some dubbers like to run.

You'd need like 20mm spacer though. And the 195/50s that are on them will lower the car like 1 1/2" lower than a stock size tire.
                              Thanks for the info. I need to read about wheels/tires. I lack in that department and I don't like it. ;)

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Google the "miata tire size calculator" you can play with a bunch of different tire sizes to get an idea of the overall diameter of different tires for comparison sake. All tires will vary, but its helpful.
                                Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                                Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X