X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel Fitment. Tried to read the fitment threads - Kind of lost

15x6.5

ET +38

This will fit correct? Would run a 205.50.15 on this wheel? No rubbing and no issues with clearance?

I will be running ~ 1.5" drop also.

Thanks guys!

I am no pro in this, but I am pretty sure your numbers are a bit off.

You might not have rubbing issues with the ET38 offset, but you might want to get spacers (8-10mm) to push them out a bit. They would look better like that. Your tire size I am almost 100% sure is off. The 205 will fit into unrolled fenders almost perfectly, but the 50 is going to leave you with a short sidewall. I would think you will be running like a 205-60-15 or 205-65-15 if I am correct.

Just to give you a bit of an example I am on IE3s (about 1.6-1.7 inch drop) with 16x7.5 ET25 wheels and 205-50-16 tires. With this everything is basically the same as a stock 14" wheel except a wider tire.

EDIT - I think the proper tire size you will want to run is a 205/55/15.
    sigpic

Comment

Alright. Thanks

When I buy new tires I will probably change the size. However I have some 205.50.15 Azenis in the garage :)

Anyone else?

Comment

I would run 10mm spacers and run those azenis until you buy new tires, then I'd recommend 225/50-15's.

They will fit without spacers most likely, but it will look a bit small so deep in the fender, and you can't run wider tires or they'll rub your strut up front. A spacer will look better and allow you to fit 225's later.

Comment

I really wouldnt put anything wider than a 205 on a 6.5in wide wheel anyways...
          :: PNW Crew ::
          '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Oh I am not worried about that ;)

Thanks 808

Who makes GOOD e30 spacers with longer bolts?

Comment

h&r. you can buy them from a bunch of places, tms comes to mind.

i believe vorshlag has spacers but they're 5 lug. might be coming out with 4 lug ones soon.
              sigpic

Comment

I would go with a 15mm spacer personally. Especially if you are running 205's. Ending et23 would be much better than 28/30 imho.

sigpic

Comment

true dat but he might have some fender issues, i know right now i'm running mots old TSWs with my 15mm spacers given the total of et25 and it's right at the fender and i've already got it with the tire. then again they're 225/45/16s. looks quite good but super heavy, oh well cruising wheels.

Comment

they will fit with no spacer in the back and a 3-5mm spacer up front.

That said, I would still get some 15mm spacers.

Comment

Sounds like I just need 15mm spacers front and rear :)

Comment

Are those wheels Rota's by chance? My Rota Grids are 15x6.5 and I'm running 195.50.15 with a 5mil space. Only reason I have the spacer is because the inside of the wheel was rubbing the brake caliper. I'm happy with the look of my wheel and tire combination, but I will most likely go to a 60 sidewall on my next set of tires.

See below!

Comment

Looks good!

TE37 reps is what I am looking at. Or something similar to Rota Slips ;)

Did you steal my car?

Comment

... Check your garage if you want to know for sure.

Comment

Nope. It is right out front of work. I am good.

Comment

Working...
                              X