No announcement yet.

Anyone have redrilled wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its just a dumb idea is all I am saying. With the choices of wheels designs that are offered today you would have to be really crazy not to like something that is offered out there that will fit your car without compromising the safety of a wheel and more importantly lives !! I mean hell why not just get some steel blanks and have a machinist make you 5 lug pattern hubs for your car and set it up where you can bolt them on the way the wheels were intended on is all. Or better yet find a set of wheels you just can not do without and then by a car to fit the rims. Wow now thats and idea!!!!! There is an old say " If its not done right then its not worth having!!"

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Reaktionär View Post
      I had a set of redrilled axles in a 70 Dodge Dart. And my Vega has a set of redrilled front rotors on it. It's the same deference, wheel or axle/rotor.
      E30 4*100 hubs have too little radius for commonly desired 5*120 redrill :(
      Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
      BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
      BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
      BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

Originally posted by Rocla View Post
        E30 4*100 hubs have too little radius for commonly desired 5*120 redrill :(

you can do the rears

Originally posted by whelton70 View Post
        Its just a dumb idea is all I am saying. With the choices of wheels designs that are offered today you would have to be really crazy not to like something that is offered out there that will fit your car without compromising the safety of a wheel and more importantly lives !! I mean hell why not just get some steel blanks and have a machinist make you 5 lug pattern hubs for your car and set it up where you can bolt them on the way the wheels were intended on is all. Or better yet find a set of wheels you just can not do without and then by a car to fit the rims. Wow now thats and idea!!!!! There is an old say " If its not done right then its not worth having!!"

or buy the e36 hub kit that im making

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Deagle View Post
          you can do the rears
          That could be good idea, redrilled e30 hub would allow you to use wide e28/e34/e34 tec rims, since it sit narrower than e30 m3 hub.
          Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
          BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
          BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
          BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

by the time and money spent on redrilling the hubs to accept 5x120 you have purchased and istalled new hubs in the rear and new wheel bearings in the front. becuase you'll also have to drill the rotors as well. i've given this some thought before.

my

Comment

Working...
            X