16x7 OZ Ultraleggeras on my E30 sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16x7 OZ Ultraleggeras on my E30 sedan

well i finally got the spacers and the wheels are on, they look nice. better than i thought they would, still not a great looking wheel compared to BBS's, etc but for the money i am glad i went w/ these:

the tires feel great (205/50ZR-16 BFGoodrich g-Force Sport's) car handles sooo much better now!! riding on koni shocks and h&r sport springs real good ride for these new england roads. still waiting to put the front and rear sway bars on (this weekend!) brew (another member on here) thinks i need to run wheel centering rings for these, they feel fine, nos hake or anything. i called tirerack to find out the recommended size for the ring and they insisted that i didn't need them because of the spacers i was running (h&r 15mm) anyone here care to lend their opinion on the matter??
    "Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Looks good .

Now you just need to perfom the rear door and diving board delete mods and you'll be on your way .

Yes they will still need hubcentric rings unless the wheels are made specifically for 4-lug BMW's and have the 57.1 (or whatever) centerbore .
    I'm thinking that its unlikely and and more probable that they have a much bigger center bore to fit many 4x100 applications .

If thats the case then your Tirerack guy was confused and/or just an idiot .
    TRue the quality H&R 15mil spacers are hubcentric to your hubs and do have a flange/lip on them that is the correct needed size to engage the BMW wheel but is irrelevent if the center bore on those OZ's is oversized .

Did you install them yourself ?
    Just make a quick check and see if they are hubcentric to the spacers , do this by jacking it up and removing all of the lugbolts from a wheel .
    If the wheel stays center when you remove the last bolt and does not drop then they are hubcentric and will be fine .

If the wheels drops or is loose on the hub/spacer then you'll need to get the right sized hubcentric rings .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

I was looking though tirerack today and saw those...is it me, or did they just add more choices for the e30? They are pretty light too if I remember right. I do not think they look too bad. I think Scion has a stock looking wheel like that on their Tc.
      '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

already got some plastic bumpers (actually from vaporblade) and i've just been lazy about getting the new bumper shocks for them and other hardware i need. will get that done soon. i'll take the studs out tomorrow and see what happens w/ the wheel, i agree w/ you that the wheel isn't made specifically for bmw 4x100 so it sounds like ill need the hub centric rings. thanks for the advice!
        "Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X