Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinion on wheels

Hey guys
    Im looking at getting better rims than those damn bottlecaps.

I found a set that I like
    These are the specs

Make: Erglanz
    17x7 with +40 offset
    4x114.3 and 4x100 bolt pattern.
    They also weight 26 pounds each..

These are not going to meant for the track, just to roll around town and look good, my bottlecaps are my track wheels.

What do you think about the offset and size * and weight * off these wheels, i'll get them for a good price so are they worth it?
    Attached Files

Interesting design, I would keep the centercaps on to hide the 8 lug pattern you have going...

The offset is very high, you need spacers to push them out to about ET15 which is optimal with a 17" wheel on an E30. Make sure you get hubcentric spacers if you do end up getting them. The stock E30 centerbore is 57.1mm.

The size is pretty heavy, you'll probably notice it a bit, but if you say they're for cruisin' then no worries. It also depends on how much you are going to get them for...
    Reminiscing...

Comment

You will certainly need spacers for these, the minimum offset for a 17x7 wheel on an E30 is +28. You will need a 15-20mm spacer at the front, perhaps at the rear too.

They are quite heavy too and they are not actually pretty either. Not for an E30 anyway. But if they are pretty cheap they may worth it. Aren't there any other alternatives?
      It's not an old car. It's an old friend.

Comment

Well I dont know about any other alternatives
        I kinda like these rims ( I dont know why )
        I guess its the unique design?

Well either way im getting thes for about 350
        sounds like a good deal?

And why hubcentric spacers? are those normal spacers? (sorry I dont know what hubcentric is)
        and you think 20mm will be good? If so, I think I MIGHT go for these, unless I can find something like this or better for just as good of a price.

Comment

alright, well I found another set of rims that are pretty cheap to, I think they are lighter and they obviously look better

Bad thing, they are 17inch, huge, i know, but I like the rims
          what do you think?

I dont know the offset or the width yet, imma check them out this weekend, maybe end up buying them.

They are either REAL Volk TE37 or playoffs of them... so ya
          How would they look on an 89 E30??? Opinions please!!!!
          Thanks!
          Attached Files

Comment

those have been mounted on a couple e30's. search members rides for "te37" or volk.
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Ooooo I like the Volks...
              Jordan Green
              1999 528i - M-tech springs, Bilstein struts, M-tech 3-spoke wheel, M-tech spoiler, 35% tint
              PIAA bulbs & wipers, 18" staggered X5 wheels, resonator delete, 4.1k HID retrofit

Comment

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Anything is better than the first wheels you posted.
                  97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
                  2001 330ci 5 speed
                  83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

I think both are good. Its your ride so choose whichever you like best. I would rock the first ones with 20mm spacers. et20 17's look good. Wheels make the car, so make it how you like. R3V is full of pussies afraid to do their own thing.
                    sigpic

Comment

volks!

Comment

Originally posted by NcTurnL View Post
                        alright, well I found another set of rims that are pretty cheap to, I think they are lighter and they obviously look better

Bad thing, they are 17inch, huge, i know, but I like the rims
                        what do you think?

I dont know the offset or the width yet, imma check them out this weekend, maybe end up buying them.

They are either REAL Volk TE37 or playoffs of them... so ya
                        How would they look on an 89 E30??? Opinions please!!!!
                        Thanks!

These do look good. As long as the offset is between 28 and 20 that is!

17" are fine. I was wearing 17" wheels and with larger tyres that the ones in your picture and the car was absolutely fine. Except that you'll feel the bumps from the road more of course.

Not really the same wheels but here is an idea:

It's not an old car. It's an old friend.

Comment

Awesome, He said there 18s but I dont think so, I think hes confused....lol
                          Ya im excited about getting these, They look really good and I can get them for a good pricee.
                          BUT, I dont know the offset, imma try them on the car before I buy them, even if it is bad offset, its nothing spacers cant fix!!

Ya The first wheels are looking worse everytime I look at them, they alright, but I need a rim with a lip and one that does not weigh 26 pounds each, lol.

Comment

Hmmmm...not sure what to think. I would like to see them on the car!
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Hopefully it will be soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X