Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help?!! how can i make my center like this?
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

You mean flat?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

hhmm? i think so if thats what you call it.
        sigpic

Comment

BBS style 5's. I got them for 375!

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Hi guys,

I've recently polished my BBS RS' lips and now having trouble in keeping them nice and shiney!

I suppose I need to apply some form of product to protect the polished surface? I'm not putting a clear coat back on because it would eventually crack around the bolts..

Any suggestions on which product to form a protective layer to prevent oxidisation and dulling? I even found that the lips will stain if water is left standing.

Please advise.

Comment

Hahaha. Welcome to the neverending BBS-RS-owner dillemma.

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
              1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
              1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

I like to have the lips waxed, this applies to the ladies too. Seriously though I put wax on the lips to protect them just like the cars paint. I know there's a detailing forum that has lots of good info on it too.

You can look around Griots Garage too. Here are some detailing forums, but I'm not sure if any of these are the one that I really like. I can't find my link to it:

VWvortex Detailing section
                Detail City
                Autopia
                AutoGeek
                Detailers Domain
                Originally posted by endless551 View Post
                Hi guys,

I've recently polished my BBS RS' lips and now having trouble in keeping them nice and shiney!

I suppose I need to apply some form of product to protect the polished surface? I'm not putting a clear coat back on because it would eventually crack around the bolts..

Any suggestions on which product to form a protective layer to prevent oxidisation and dulling? I even found that the lips will stain if water is left standing.

Please advise.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Just noticed this BBS section last week, here a few BBS items that I'm hording :

* Model: BBS RS 061
                  * Height/Width/Offset: 16"x8" ET20 5x120
                  * Purchased from: Local trade/barter
                  * Plans: I'd like to strip them and lightly sand polish them myself for their initial use on my E34. Then eventually I'd like wider lips and a high polish and maybe drill the centers in 4x100 for double duty. (if possible)
                  * Refurbishment/Polishing Methods: Havent gotten that far yet.
                  * Price: Supplied and installed a used M20b25 head as trade.

* Model: BBS Early model "high-end" side skirts
                  * Purchased from: Local trade/barter
                  * Plans: Just to resell them as they don't fit visually on any of my projects.
                  * Price: Received as partial payment for t-belt job and diff swap from another board member.

* Model: BBS Early model airdam/front spoiler
                  * Purchased from: Local Pick-n-Pull salvage yard
                  * Plans: Refurbish and keep for an future early model Euro bumper build.
                  * Price: $5

Thats all my goodies for now . :D

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Since this is a BBS thread. Does anybody have/know where I can get a set of 17" BBS RX 4x100? I can't find them anywhere! Posted on bf.c/e30tech as well and have had no luck. :(
                    Check out my quintet at FourzahMusic

Comment

Originally posted by therichsta View Post
                      Since this is a BBS thread. Does anybody have/know where I can get a set of 17" BBS RX 4x100? I can't find them anywhere! Posted on bf.c/e30tech as well and have had no luck. :(
                      Here you go, enjoy: click me

and on Craigslist: click here

Did you even look? They really aren't hard to find at all.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                        Here you go, enjoy: click me

and on Craigslist: click here

Did you even look? They really aren't hard to find at all.

Yeah, I've already explored those options. vivid racing's website is wrong (i called and asked) and the craigslist guy won't ship. Thanks though :(.
                        Check out my quintet at FourzahMusic

Comment

Old-School RA's 4lug 15x7

sorry for the blurry-ness

Comment

willya just look at that offset?

Comment

Originally posted by endless551 View Post
                              Hi guys,

Please advise.

I use Chemical Guys MetalWax, works great to clean, and has a "wax" in it, so you dont have to do a two step process.

and for the record, I am fucking jealous of all the BBS's in this thread. I'll have to post up mine soon.
                              Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

BBS RM's that I have far too much money invested in.....

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X