Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. I picked them up yesterday; met him near his house when he got off work. When I called him, he said he had a guy from a military base who wanted them, as well as a guy (you) in Savannah, and another in Charlotte. I told him I could come down that afternoon, and might be interested in some of his other E30 parts, to which he said for $250 he'd hold them until I got there.

He was a strange guy, but didn't seem like he would be that sketchy. I can't believe someone would pull that shit and let you drive that far, but it seemingly is becoming more commonplace for "Craigslist people" to not care.

I met him a little after 4:00, and hung around for about an hour. What time in the evening were you getting up there?

Comment

By the way; I think I'm going to keep them for now, but if/when I do decide to sell them, you'll have first dibs at a heavily discounted price. I feel bad that a fellow enthusiast got screwed over.

Comment

yeah, it was a huge bummer. i was mainly riding with patrick for moral support. he had called and confirmed with the guy at like noon. said we were leaving at 5 and would be there by 730. we got about 3/4 of the way there and called him. he said he wasnt at home and wouldnt be back until late late. he could have just as easily said he had already sold the wheels before we left and my friend confirmed things. we were ready to just go to his house and "surprise" him. i had a feeling he had sold them and just didnt want to tell us. either way, karma is a bitch. no hard feelings your way. shit happens. did you get the lips???
        www.benjamineliward.com

Comment

Yeah, I'm a firm believer in what goes around, comes around. Hopefully you or Patrick can score a deal that makes this one look like crap.

The lips showed up today; they look fantastic. I appreciate the fast shipping, and the really good packing. Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
            Saw these and had to post them here:

Very classy if you ask me.
            SONOFABITCH !:hitler: WHY DID I EVER LOOK IN HERE !?!? THAT IS THE SEXIEST WHEEL EVER !!! AND MY COLOR SCHEME ! AGRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Comment

I am buying a 1994 325is M-Tech on thursday and it has the original 17" BBS wheels. The lips are a 20 bolt, any idea where I can get new wider lips??

Sample pics:

sigpic

Comment

Hey just found this thread, great job here. Anyone on here running RS with ET38 and a 10mm spacer? If so what tire size did you use. i will be rolling all fenders i just wanted an idea were to start.
                sigpic

Comment

Comment

Funny - they switched the RZ and RA labels. Sweet otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by alexd View Post
                      I am buying a 1994 325is M-Tech on thursday and it has the original 17" BBS wheels. The lips are a 20 bolt, any idea where I can get new wider lips??

Sample pics:

Sorry dude, they're a 2 piece rim, you can't change the width. Even worse is that even though they're staggered, the rears have exactly the same amount of lip as the fronts

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

damn that sucks. thanks for the info
                        sigpic

Comment

I picked up a whole parts 82 528e for about $180 if I remember correctly. Had Zender body kit, euro rear bumper, M20 bellhousing for 265 gearbox, and BBS RS005 wheels, one cracked lip, one missing center nut, but I have the trim piece. They have the style of bolt with no spline or hex on the head. Anyone know if I can/should use regular bolts, or if I have to get the replacements from the German fastener site? I'll post pics when I have them all in one place.
                          -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Moosehead, the bolts all around are 7mm, which is not a standard size, certainly not available from any hardware store, or even specialized metric supplier.
                            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I know that. I mean, do I have to get the ones shown HERE

or can I just buy a normal set of M7 wheel bolts and nuts with either a socket head or flanged spline head?
                              -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Aren't the splined bolts only for two-piece wheels such as BMW/BBS Style 5?
                                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                                X