This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
    Need some info. What lugs do i use to mount these babys?

I used my stock lugs on my old set of RM002's. I think the RM001 were actually intended for the e30, so either way you should be good to go.
    E30 Dinan Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
      I demand inof on this set! These are truly badass set & love it. I thought "this guys replied int he wrong forum....these are OZ Mitos" is what i thought at the very first look of them while scrolling down.
      Thanks. It does looks a bit like Mito when you take a quick look. Hehe
      sigpic

Comment

Do you guys know of a good way to strip the old paint off the instars/waffles and inner barrels?

Besides aircraft stripper... Ive found it doesnt get the job done easy enough.

My buddy beadblasts them for me but his blaster is getting old and he wants me to try and get the wheels a little cleaner before I bring them to him.

Thanks alot!

Comment

nevermind
          Last edited by rennis; 05-24-2011, 10:07 AM. Reason: moved to fitment thread

Comment

Just got off the with Micheal at BBS America, I hope you guys haven't been powdercoating your centers!

The forged centers are not to be heated above 190°.
            And they are completely out of bolts/lips/spare parts to rebuild yours. There was some info about them still rebuilding wheels, but they haven't done that in 2 years due to lack of parts.

Just thought everyone would like heads up.

He sends everyone to BFI for parts as well.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by hexagone View Post
              Yes, I've looked and seen, but I haven't seen enough.

Anyone with pictures of 15" RSs and chunky tires please post!

I'm thinking of running 15x8 all around with 205/50s or 55s for a very '90's setup'
              225/50 would be even more badass.

Look up "2002maniac" his previous 318 had that. Looked amazing.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                Just got off the with Micheal at BBS America, I hope you guys haven't been powdercoating your centers!

The forged centers are not to be heated above 190°.
                And they are completely out of bolts/lips/spare parts to rebuild yours. There was some info about them still rebuilding wheels, but they haven't done that in 2 years due to lack of parts.

Just thought everyone would like heads up.

He sends everyone to BFI for parts as well.
                Power coating is also too thick and should not be applied at where the barrel and lip go onto the center. One more thing to be aware of is that the threads in the centers for the hex bolt should not be painted or you may have problems with getting the hex nut to thread into the center. This is especially true when you are going to use new hex nuts.

Cheers,

Jim
                sigpic

Comment

my turn, after a month of waiting for shipment!

Comment

Me Limey! A lot!
                    sigpic
                    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

wow^^^ More info on the wheels!
                      Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

One of the few that has made me drool!
                        sigpic

Comment

Looks badass. Now take pics of the whol car with them mounted ASAP.

Two questions:

1) WHat wheel is that one (silver with the BBC cover thing)?

2) What's up with the gold center cap/lock "splited" in two with the BBS turbofan cover in there?
                          Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

need to get around to mounting but waiting on some ring for 67-->57.1 bore change

also can't decide about lowering vs stock height, need new bilsteins and CABS, all the "while i'm in there stuff"

A little lowering would really set off the wheels but I don't want the ride to suffer too bad.

they are RS 036 that are et25 and have a 4/114 and 4/100 dual drill. They came with nearly new 195/50 Bridgestone RE01's which look meaty and square, bigger than I thought so they will stay.

Comment

oh, the cover is a BBS turbofan that affixes to the acorn nut in place of the waffle cover. the back has radial fins that draw air in better. used on a lot of porsche 935 racing cars. hard to find at all, esp in 15". only have 2 of those. would love 2 more. they will mostly be on for shows, etc

the split thing is just a waffle cover the has another turbofan lying on top of it, they are both stacked on one of the wheels, it does look funny.

no explanation needed for the oriental rug, they are gold rs's after all!

Comment

Got some new BBS...I know the car is dirty as sin, it's impossible to keep clean right now...

16x7 ET42
                                Centerbores enlarged from 54.1mm to 57.1mm
                                15mm spacers + 45mm lugs up front
                                20mm spacers + 50mm lugs out back.

Wrapped in Kumho KU36 XS 215/45/16

Comment

Working...
                                X