This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randomsv650 View Post
    good to know! yeah he had them refinished not too long ago, but just had them painted. VW centerbore..hmm...so will i need the hubcentrick rings or anything?
    RS189 is 56.1 you can bore it out to 57.1

Comment

Hey guys, do you know of anybody that makes a screw in center cap for RS's designed to run the wheel open faced? I cannot run my waffle caps unfortunately, but I'd really like to give the wheel a nice finished look.
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by flash 23 View Post
        RS189 is 56.1 you can bore it out to 57.1
        Im told they're already bored to fit the e30, so thats good, will test fit tonight

I measured the rims and it seems like the front is just shy of 7.5" and the rear 8.5". Does that sound right? I mean i guess it is, but just wondering.

That's measuring them the shoulder on the outside to inside with a wheel width measuring too (idk what its called). When i checked my D-Force rims, measuring them the same way, they measure 7" wide on the dot which is what they're supposed to be.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Can someone confirm oem centerbore for BBS RS224 rims?, thanks.

Comment

^73

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              Hey guys, do you know of anybody that makes a screw in center cap for RS's designed to run the wheel open faced? I cannot run my waffle caps unfortunately, but I'd really like to give the wheel a nice finished look.
              I know what you mean dude, hit up Harlan @ elefantsupplycompany.com, I think they carry or use to carry something like that.

GL
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

thanks flash 23

i need 15mm adaptors, they should be 57.1 bore with 73mm centering ring for my R224's, that should make them a straight swap.

Comment

^ sounds good. if you're looking for rings only, i'd suggest aluminum and buy from tirerack.

(it's affordable)

hawaii FTW!

Comment

^ here they are ...

i'm running a bbk so need them as 16's, but somebody is going to love them once i get spacers for them.

Comment

Originally posted by formula driver View Post
                      presitigewheel.com has you covered

Frank, Im pretty sure you know this info, but in case you dont, 16" rs have a 12.25" face, and 17" rs have a 13" face.
                      you mean 30 holes 14, 15 & 16" are 12.25 and 34 holes 16 & 17" are 13" diameter ?

if so, i wonder if 34 hole rims will clear without spacers.
                      thanks. :)

Comment

Originally posted by fporro View Post
                        you mean 30 holes 14, 15 & 16" are 12.25 and 34 holes 16 & 17" are 13" diameter ?

if so, i wonder if 34 hole rims will clear without spacers.
                        thanks. :)
                        no.

Comment

Originally posted by flash 23 View Post
                          regular width on 189 are 6" with 1" lip. these are re-done as you can see and definitely wider. you'd need to measure em' to make sure. it's VW centerbore.
                          Care to enlighten me some more? :bow:

Confirmed the centerbore has been bored out to fit an e30, that i know. they bolt up nicely to the car, but for the life of me i cant seem to figure out the correct ET.

So stock you said they are 6" wide with 1" lip as far as width and with an ET38 (stamped on the rim)

I measured the lips and came up with 2" front and 3" rear. Does that mean the widths are now 7" and 8"? And what does that do to the ET?

I thought i had this sorted, but 2 piece wheels are a whole new world to me!
                          Last edited by randomsv650; 09-12-2012, 04:07 AM.
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Care to enlighten me some more? :bow:

Confirmed the centerbore has been bored out to fit an e30, that i know. they bolt up nicely to the car, but for the life of me i cant seem to figure out the correct ET.

So stock you said they are 6" wide with 1" lip as far as width and with an ET38 (stamped on the rim)

I measured the lips and came up with 2" front and 3" rear. Does that mean the widths are now 7" and 8"? And what does that do to the ET?

I thought i had this sorted, but 2 piece wheels are a whole new world to me!
                            There 3 piece wheels.

Lips are 1/2" faces are 1/2" and the barrels are 5"

Did you measure the lips correctly? You measure just to where the tire bead seats.

If you have 2" and 3" lips, your wheels are now.

15x7.5 et19 and 15x8.5 et6

Comment

Originally posted by formula driver View Post
                              There 3 piece wheels. Very confused as you can tell..haha

Lips are 1/2" faces are 1/2" and the barrels are 5"

Did you measure the lips correctly? You measure just to where the tire bead seats.

If you have 2" and 3" lips, your wheels are now.

Right, 3 piece. I measured them according to this thread:

I measured the lips while on the rim (not split or anything).

I did measure them with tires off and came up with those exact widths.

Does this help?

Last edited by randomsv650; 09-15-2012, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Who the fuck sealed those? Wow...

Those are the correct specs.

-Paul

Right, 3 piece. I measured them according to this thread:

I measured the lips while on the rim (not split or anything).

I did measure them with tires off and came up with those exact widths.

Does this help?

Comment

Working...
                                X