Shocks to match M3 springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks to match M3 springs?

Are stock shocks (almost new) OK to match with M3 springs, or do I need shocks made for lowering springs like bilstein sports? I don't expect too much of a drop with the M3 springs, since I have an M42. Plus I hear that the M3 springs aren't "that" much stiffer, so I'm guessing the stock shocks will be fine. Thanks

edit: 'doh! I thought i was in the suspension section. Sorry, but if you know the answer, please let me know.

edit #2: Ha, forget it. My search skills failed me initially, but I'm good now. I'll run the M3 springs with my stock shocks until it's time for new shocks, then I'll upgrade to Bilstein or Konis sports so that I have the option to further upgrade to H&R sport springs.
    Last edited by robrez; 11-10-2008, 10:34 AM. Reason: Wrong sections, please tow
    sigpic
    January 2012 COTM

I was running m3 springs on fresh oem Sachs/Boge struts on my 89 325ic and the ride was great. Comfortable but noticably firmer and tighter. Absolutely no bounce.

Now I'm running them on e36 konis that i haven't had a chance to tweak yet cuz I yanked the motor out a few days after I got the suspension together, but my initial reactions are very nice. With the konis on full soft it is still firmer than with stock shocks, but not by too much.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I believe in doing it once and right, but the PO put on new replacement shocks/struts right before I bought the car, so, as long as they'll work with the M3 springs, I'll run it that way for now. And when the time comes, I'll upgrade to koni sports.

Now if I'd only posted this damn thread in the right section
      sigpic
      January 2012 COTM

Comment

Working...
      X