Wheel decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel decisions

For those that don't know, I'm pretty much ready for a 5-lug swap sans the wheels. I have 2 17" Racing Dynamics RGQ wheels in the garage, but finding 2 more has been almost impossible since they're NLA. I may have asource in Canada, but if that deal falls through I may put a set of E36 M3 wheels instead. I've narrowed it down to either the M Contours or the M Double Spoke I from the 95 M3 since both are widely available and are somewhat affordable. Opinions?

Racing Dynamics RGQ:

M Contour:

M Double Spoke I:
    M Contour
    100.00%
    M Double Spoke I
    0.00%
    Wait for the RGQs
    0.00%

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
    '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
    Strictly Eta

RGQs all the way. The other wheels pale in comparison. Hopefully you can get them.
    I retired my E30 for now...
    E46 323i
    David Schultz

Comment

Double spoke I's are Nasty!! I literally can't stand those wheels.

The RGQs are sweet but need deep dish to look good so you'd have to get a wide wheel (i dont know what sizes you're looking into)

I voted for Contours because they look sweet on e30s.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

The contours make me want to puke. Get the RDs, and if you can't find them then go with the spokes.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Hold out for the RD's. I'm personally not a huge fan of either of the other options. They worked on the cars they came on, not E30s.

Comment

contors all the way!
            98 M3/4/5

Comment

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
              I can't believe this Fred......wait for the RGQ's pards. Did you call RD in Italy? Their website shows they still have them available.....I think I sent you the link to their site covering the older models. Emailing them is hopeless, afterall they're Italians, which does not equal good customer service.

Comment

RGQ's. I would kill to have those wheels on an E30.

Comment

Hold for the RDs mister Kim. Those other two are two of my least favorite BMW wheels. I m1s are bad and the contours wouldnt flow with your bodywork I am thinking.

not to mention the RD theme you have going....
                  Im now E30less.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hmmm....

Chris (C///M), I'm looking at the 17x8.5" RGQs. They 19" ones have a really nice lip on them (i've seen em personally on a few E39s and they look gorgeous), but there's no way in hell I'm putting 19s on my car. I've kinda settled on the M wheels because I found some good deals on em locally, like $400 to $500 for a non-staggered set.

I've searched the world over for these wheels. I have about eight websites bookmarked that show that they have the RGQs in stock, but after calling each one, they all said the wheels are NLA and are impossible to get. It's also listed on Electrodyne's site, but after speaking to Rob Gordon he basically told me good luck and that I'm on a wild goose chase. Federico at RD Sport is still trying to get the other two wheels that I ordered back in March, but that's still up in the air.

I really like these rims. Maybe I will hold out for them...thanks everyone for the opinions.

Strictly Eta

Comment

How about some Kopis?
                      17"x7.5"
                      Mel Abrahams
                      Abrahams Motorsport
                      www.abrahamsmotorsport.com
                      E-mail:sales@abrahamsmotorsport.com
                      PayPal to:
                      order@abrahamsmotorsport.com
                      If you do not have a PayPal account, please call our office.
                      Buy with confidence, serving the E30 community for over 14 years
                      Phone:727-992-0288
                      Fax:727-868-6373

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE34M5
                        How about some Kopis?
                        17"x7.5"
                        Too common now.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

Fred, which M wheels did you settle on? The double spokes or contours? I hope not the double spokes.

I only said Contours because I knew that the RGQs would be a hassle and you'd need a big size.

If you plan on 17x8.5 RGQs, I would go for those when you could find them. Have you talked to Steve at Tunershop? He tries his best to get any wheel you can find. If the wheels are available anywhere, he can get them. Give him a call.

Either way, you should pick up some contours until you get the RGQs.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by C ///M
                            Fred, which M wheels did you settle on? The double spokes or contours? I hope not the double spokes.

I only said Contours because I knew that the RGQs would be a hassle and you'd need a big size.

If you plan on 17x8.5 RGQs, I would go for those when you could find them. Have you talked to Steve at Tunershop? He tries his best to get any wheel you can find. If the wheels are available anywhere, he can get them. Give him a call.

Either way, you should pick up some contours until you get the RGQs.
                            Actually, what I meant was I settled on those two wheel designs if the RGQs fell through. I'm not too keen on either one, but like I said, they're cheap and abundant in my area so I thought I would use those temporarily until I found a suitable replacement. Thanks for the tip at Tunershop, but I got off the phone with Federico at RDSport a few hours ago and it looks like the 2 wheels will arrive in LA and clear customs in about 2 weeks. I've heard that before, so I'll believe it when I see it.

My source in Canada also seems to be flaking out, so if RD Sport doesn't go through, you guys will see Plan B in a few weeks ;).

Strictly Eta

Comment

*fingers crossed*
                              I retired my E30 for now...
                              E46 323i
                              David Schultz

Comment

Working...
                              X