16" BBS RS wheels - porsche fitment with adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16" BBS RS wheels - porsche fitment with adapters

has anyone tried using the BBS RS157 (7" wide - .5" lip with 5.5" barrell) or RS158 (8" wide - 1" lip with 6.5" barrell) wheels 5x130 from a porsche on there e20's? 4x100 to 5x130 adapters are available in 25-35MM thicknesses and the RS157 & 158 wheels are both et49. adding up the cost of adapters (~250-300) plus new lips (easier to find 34 bolt 16" lips than it is to find 30 bolt 16" lips) it seems like these would be much cheaper and easier to build than the RS003's...

if anyone has done this setup please let me know what you think of it...

also are these 4x100 to 5x130 adapters safe for auto-x or any hard driving (H&R makes them)?

and what is the widest lips that would fit on the RS158, 6.5" barrell with .5" core... would a 2" lip work? or could i go larger with fender rolling and streched tires?

thanks

Anyone with experience on this subject?

thanks

Comment

It's been done a bunch of times, and it's 110% safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
        It's been done a bunch of times, and it's 110% safe.
        would you happen to know what widths and offsets to go with? what are the best RS wheels to start off with RS157? and then go crazy with the lips? i was thinking if i could run 5.5" barrels with the stock 49 offset then minus 25 with the adapter, these should clear the front struts? and then run 3" front lip and 3.5" to 4" rear lips.. total widths would be 9" front and 9.5-10" rear...

anywhere i can find more info on this that is in english, i'm having a tough time with the german sites...

Comment

I don't feel like plowing through RS lists to find the perfect one. :p

But:
          16x7 ET35 just clears the front struts safely (few mm to spare). 7.5" ET29, 8" ET23, 8.5" ET17, and so on.
          16x7 ET50 just clears the rear shocks. 7.5" ET44, 8" ET37, 8.5" ET32, and so on.

That info should give you all you need to know.

Comment

I don't feel like plowing through RS lists to find the perfect one. :p

But:
            16x7 ET35 just clears the front struts safely (few mm to spare). 7.5" ET29, 8" ET23, 8.5" ET17, and so on.
            16x7 ET50 just clears the rear shocks. 7.5" ET44, 8" ET37, 8.5" ET32, and so on.

That info should give you all you need to know.
            so would a 16x8 et25 rub the front struts?

also is that going to be to far in the fender? or will it sit fairly flush? or should i go with 16x8 et15 instead?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz_bmr View Post
              so would a 16x8 et25 rub the front struts?

also is that going to be to far in the fender? or will it sit fairly flush? or should i go with 16x8 et15 instead?

thanks
              1. Yes.
              2. Not at all.
              3. Not flush, but an aggressive fit.
              4. Probably, if you're okay with running 215 (at the widest) tires.

Comment

1. Yes.
                2. Not at all.
                3. Not flush, but an aggressive fit.
                4. Probably, if you're okay with running 215 (at the widest) tires.
                ok thank your for your help.

16x8 et15 with 215 sounds good to me, rear's i guess i might still want to run a spacer i guess....

Comment

i'm actually about to run these, myself.
                  16x8" BBS RS158 et49
                  et14 (35mm adapters)
                  with 215/45 tires

Originally posted by Janderson
                  you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
                    i'm actually about to run these, myself.
                    16x8" BBS RS158 et49
                    et14 (35mm adapters)
                    with 215/45 tires
                    awesome, please take some pics i would love to see what these look like on an e30...

i was hoping to find a set of 4 RS157's and then adding 1.5" and 2" lips to them for a total of 8" fronts and 8.5" rears...

Comment

I will, whenever I get them on...
                      The adapters are currently being shipped.
                      I have the wheels, but I'm still missing tires and coilovers.

Originally posted by Janderson
                      you can have the keys to my hunk of 20+ year old West German steel when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by theox69 View Post
                        I will, whenever I get them on...
                        The adapters are currently being shipped.
                        I have the wheels, but I'm still missing tires and coilovers.
                        Did you get a chance to test fit the wheels?

Comment

Working...
                        X