New tire time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tire time

Need new tires for my 86 e30 with 15x7 wheels, et12 OZ Alpina's. Currently running 205/50/15 with no issues on Bilstein HD's with H&R OE springs. Trying to keep it reasonable for costs, daily driver in the summer, the car is not tracked or winter driven. Have been riding on Dunlop DZ102's, not that impressed. Looking at Yoko Advan Fleva's or Nitto Neo Gens. Have read both are not good in the wet, Nitto's are getting pretty old in design but very cheap to buy and all season, so should give a comfy ride, Advan's look like the better tire but not many reviews, updated S.Drive and available in correct size of 205/55. Conti ExtemeContact Sport would be my choice but a bit pricey. Any experiences with both these tires? Looking for sporty handling, good wet and dry grip, comfy, longevity not that important. Thoughts? Thank you.

If you don't like the Dunlops, which I understand, even if they are a good value for the cost, try the Yokos, but do not drive them in the cold.

Comment

I run Yoko Flevas, albeit 17s. Such an upgrade from my previous tires (Federal RSRs). They are a strict summer tire for me, and so far no complaints.
      "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm curious if anyone has personal experience with Neo Gen. I'm planning to get these tires at 4WO| Nitto tires as I want to put high-performance all season tires on my car.

Comment

Working...
        X