Bottlecaps Tires size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottlecaps Tires size

I have bottle caps on stock suspension. My tires are 195/65/14 radial tiger paws. They look too skinny. What is the beefiest/widest available tires that I can fit on my stock wheels without modifying anything. And if you have pics it would be great.
    Thanks!

205s would max out a 6in wide wheel. You won't notice much of a difference visually.

Check tirerack specs or elsewhere for the true width of the tires in that size. You know, all two choices.

Comment

Rogue is right. I run 205/60/14 on my bottle caps. A little more meat and a drop in sidewall.

Comment

I've got 205/60/14s on my stock weaves. Federal SS595s. They look great, and no major complaints but they're kind of on the loud side and I notice a slightly harsher ride over my previous 195/65s... Maybe a side effect of harder tire and larger contact patch? I think the 205/60 was a factory+ tire size for people who wanted a sportier tire, I believe I read that somewhere... Of course that was back in the day when 'good' tire manufacturers made such tires in a 14in. Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
        (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Correct again. I remember I used to pay good money for Pirelli P44 and P6 Centurato. I believe back then Pirelli was oem. Then Michelin became popular.

Comment

Well, importers brought us Vredsteins, so we might see one or two not super off brand 14s appear.

Comment

Originally posted by g.ruff561 View Post
              Correct again. I remember I used to pay good money for Pirelli P44 and P6 Centurato. I believe back then Pirelli was oem. Then Michelin became popular.
              Yep, Pirelli P6 was oem, according to the never used factory spare in my trunk!
              Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
              Well, importers brought us Vredsteins, so we might see one or two not super off brand 14s appear.
              One can only hope at this point Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
              (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Working...
              X