This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J
    [URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/Jaec86/media/My%20e28/WP_000023_zps542fef9c.jpg.html
    [/URL]
    The stance is just right - great job of dialing it in. How's the ride? I'm liking the no bumper front - any more pics of it?
    [I

Comment

Originally posted by cactusjacks1 View Post
      The stance is just right - great job of dialing it in. How's the ride? I'm liking the no bumper front - any more pics of it?
      Thanks for the kind words. The ride is good for the most part. But, due to the unshortened shock housings w/ full length shocks and paired w/ low spring rates. I hit the front bump stops when tall uneven surfaces or large dimples on the road appear (due to how low I am). Plus, I have Moosehead Engineering Spherical UCABs, which makes the ride harsh at times. When I had my coilovers adjusted half way up the sleeve, the car rode beautifully. Bottomline, these coilovers aren't mean't to go low. But perfect for a conservative drop. In the future, I will be installing the complete ground control package...

In regards to the front bumper. It's just the stock US early valence, which I cut to the right dimensions to fit the euro turn signals flush in. This will do for now until I find a set of decent euro chrome bumpers. I am hoping I do the euro treatment soon, because I am getting tired of being bumperless. IMO looks cheesy/cheap lol. Once again, Thanks! I appreciate the feedback! I can PM you detailed pics of the front you're that interested. LMK...
      Last edited by J-aec; 06-10-2013, 11:04 AM.
      John Anthony
      e90 m3
      e28- Commuter Spec

Comment

Originally posted by J-aec View Post
        Thanks for the kind words. The ride is good for the most part. But, due to the unshortened shock housings w/ full length shocks and paired w/ low spring rates. I hit the front bump stops when tall uneven surfaces or large dimples on the road appear (due to how low I am). Plus, I have Moosehead Engineering Spherical UCABs, which makes the ride harsh at times. When I had my coilovers adjusted half way up the sleeve, the car rode beautifully. Bottomline, these coilovers aren't mean't to go low. But perfect for a conservative drop. In the future, I will be installing the complete ground control package...

In regards to the front bumper. It's just the stock US early valence, which I cut to the right dimensions to fit the euro turn signals flush in. This will do for now until I find a set of decent euro chrome bumpers. I am hoping I do the euro treatment soon, because I am getting tired of being bumperless. IMO looks cheesy/cheap lol. Once again, Thanks! I appreciate the feedback! I can PM you detailed pics of the front you're that interested. LMK...
        Pm'd with email address
        [I

Comment

some pics from today - nothing new on car

DSC_0617.jpg by 5Toesss, on Flickr

DSC_0610.jpg by 5Toesss, on Flickr

DSC_0667.jpg by 5Toesss, on Flickr

Comment

I'm kinda digging that Saab. Needs some better wheels though.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^ George he has rotiforms for it but they are being powdercoated at the moment

Comment

Is that the 9-3 saabaru?
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I think it's called a 92-x areo. Yea, a re-skinned Impreza WRX Wagon. Honestly I think Saab did a much nicer job on the front end. And you don't have to say you drive a Subaru!
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

knew a guy with the saabaru, he said all the fun of the WRX but half the insurance cost because it looks like a boring station wagon to the insurance companies.

Comment

^ exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by J-aec View Post
                        Finally dialed-in my coilovers! Ridin' on OZ Mitos... Taken w/ cell phone and I apologize for the uneven lighting.

This is so gorgeous! Hope my e28 comes out half as nice.

Comment

There are some seriously nice 5s in this thread.

Heres my newest project. This one is still a work in progress.

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                            knew a guy with the saabaru, he said all the fun of the WRX but half the insurance cost because it looks like a boring station wagon to the insurance companies.
                            It has nothing to do with what it 'looks like'. The difference in insurance comes from the fact that no high school kids buy the Saab. Premiums are based on historical costs and a bunch of other factors. Since no derp high schoolers bought Saabs...they are historically unpopular and thus less expensive to insure. I believe the proper way to say it would be 'WRX insurance is HIGH compared to the Saab'...as opposed to 'Saab insurance is cheap compared to the WRX'

Comment

country life

88 545is, k27 Turbo, TCD Turbo Chip, 30lbs Injectors, b35 cam, Aftermarket Intercooler, Custom 3" to Dual 2.5" Exhaust, HRs/Sports, BBK, SS Lines, 18" Staggered Alpinas, 235/40-265/35 Falkens, S2.93.

Comment

Very nice! There are surprising number of e28s with euro bumpers driving around VA.

Comment

Working...
                                X