E28 528i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E28 528i?

So I am excited. Going to go look at a E28 528i manual tonight. From what I could see in the add it looked clean, it is a green colour with a cream interior and style 5's. I would post a link to the add, but it has ended so no pictures sorry guys.

My only concern is I think it may be owned by a kid and I don't know what the mantinance was like on this car. Supose I will find out tonight.

I know the M30 are reliable and that is what I want, because this is going to be my clean stock DD.

So is there anything in particular I should look for that maybe an issue?

Here is one picture to make up for the lake of pictures

sigpic

Old bullet style fuses were an issue on my old 88 535i. Otherwise, just pull the trigger. Have you checked out mye28.com yet? Oh, and thanks for pic. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by jw 325ic View Post
      Old bullet style fuses were an issue on my old 88 535i. Otherwise, just pull the trigger. Have you checked out mye28.com yet? Oh, and thanks for pic. Awesome.

Yeh browsing E28 at the moment. Yeh if it looks good tonight, and mechanical is good, ill arrange to look at it again during the day, if all is well I may have my first E28 in the next few weeks.

No prob with the picture need to keep my bros entertained.
      sigpic

Comment

I hate those fuse boxes. It's not a project for the faint of heart, but you can take a fusebox off a late E24, which has the blade style fuses and wire it up to the E28 harness.

I miss my E28 sometimes, but my E30 is a better car in every way possible. They are fun cars though!
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
          I hate those fuse boxes. It's not a project for the faint of heart, but you can take a fusebox off a late E24, which has the blade style fuses and wire it up to the E28 harness.

I miss my E28 sometimes, but my E30 is a better car in every way possible. They are fun cars though!
          The fuse box should not be to much of an issue really. I supose I can swap out an E24 one if I really need to. Sounds like they are soild cars though which is good.

The E30 is going no were, ill be doing a ground up rebuild with her. Thinking something along the lines of a 4G63T rwd swap but will see.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post

Lol whuut!?

E28 > E30 :hitler:
            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Good cars, the 528 is not an M30 car though. But you will get better gas mileage with the m20b27!
              1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

its a 528i not a north american version 528e it has a m30b28
                Originally posted by blunttech
                Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
                  Good cars, the 528 is not an M30 car though. But you will get better gas mileage with the m20b27!
                  M30B28.

OP is Downunder. ;)
                  1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Just a little update. I did not get the car. While it did drive well and seem to be mechanical reasonable the body and interior were far from good. Lots of little dings, heaps of chips on the front, presumably from tailgating, ripped interior, stupid blue lights inside, ect, ect, I don't have the time or equipment for body work so it was a no.

Also my woman has decided she wants to go halfs in a car, so we are now looking at wagons, possibly something along the lines of a mitsubishi legnum, v6 twin turbo awd with all the luxuries.

Unfortunatly BMW wagons are few and far between in our price range over here, the only exception are E39 wagons but we don't want something that big.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X