After years of bitching at me for e30's... an e34 tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After years of bitching at me for e30's... an e34 tale

After over a decade of giving me a hard time for preferring to own 20 year old BMW's over anything else in my pricerange, I finally talked my dad out of his 00 grand cherokee.

He's always been a car guy, had a ton of cool cars and bikes as a kid. Restored a '71 240z in '80-81 (shitty metal + snow/salt = rust) that he still enjoys, and never cared much to have a cool daily driver.

I currently rent a warehouse for my business that used to be a BMW part-out joint. Mostly e32's and e34's in there, bunch of e36 m3's, etc. Landlord's business went defunct 3 or 4 years ago. All the good stuff is gone, most of the chassis hauled away except for a few e34's and e34's.

Among the parts cars they only had one retail car left that was business owned. Someone stole the cat off it, had a list of other problems. 85k miles though, from the south, and damn clean.

My dad had been eyeing it up for a while and finally said he wanted it. My business partner performed the necessary repairs, and a couple weeks ago we got it tinted for him (needs tint when his bass and amp are in there) and he put it on the road. Picking it up, he was still sulking about selling his Jeep. After that day, all i've heard from him are exclamations of praise!

It's just an m50 car, auto (obviously, touring) but he says it's so smooth it's hard to go the speed limit. Finally he sees the appeal of the BMW.

Originally posted by blunt
    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

I would love to get my dad into a nice daily car. He has a well kept Bravada and he is currently in the market. Unfortunately, he refuses to drive most foreign makes.

Comment

My dad has been really impressed by my E34. He loved the E30 I had, but it was never appealing to him. He is gonna be needing a new car soon and I might try to get him into an E34 touring, too...

Comment

I've been obsessing over e30s for about 4 years now (21yrs old) & I have a 91' 325i. My dad always gave me the whole disapproving lecture about buying an old BMW,
        But funny enough I just recently convinced him to buy a slicktop 91' 318is.. and he loves it. I also got my older brother to buy a Dschwarz 91' 318is. :D I'm spreading the addiction!

Dads&e30s ftw.
        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
        1991 318is - Sold
        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Did that cd changer work at all? Also it made me sad when your dad drove it over here because my touring looks like shit next to this one.
          Originally posted by LJ851
          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

I guess it has a different connector. Thank you though I appreciate it.

I thought the hatch glass opened separately but didn't know how, he said you showed him

Is there supposed to be a shock to keep the glass up?
            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

right on.
              my pops always had cool cars.
              when i was in elementary school he dd a audi alroad biturbo, had a 67 mustang fastback for weekends.

middle school we had the touareg(v10), chevelle ss '72, '08 335i, and a f250 king ranch.

the chevelle and 335i got sold so he could get his new toy, '11 911 gt, yeah thats the only one he ever locked the keys in the safe of lol, the rest i would steal and joy ride all through HS, damn the touareg smoked mustangs and subies all day long...good times haha

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
                I guess it has a different connector. Thank you though I appreciate it.

I thought the hatch glass opened separately but didn't know how, he said you showed him

Is there supposed to be a shock to keep the glass up?
                Ah shit, I was hoping it would work out.

As far as the glass goes, there is a shock that holds it up. He already knew there was a button for the hatch glass, but his never popped because the shock was shot so he never knew what it did.

The shock is here:

Some instructions I found a while ago:

And the source for all this, a helpful thread on bf.c

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.
                Originally posted by LJ851
                I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

thanks bud

Comment

there's two actually. And the hatch harnesses are the one really egregious design flaw of the touring. Special tool can be replaced with long handled two prong weed puller or similar, and a pipe on reassembly.

Comment

Working...
                    X