Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dream car B/C YOLO<<<<<(Yeah I said it..)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream car B/C YOLO<<<<<(Yeah I said it..)

Long time E30 owner here....

Well...... today has been a whirlwind of a day. Got a message from a friend saying that there was a e28 M5 for sale and the reason he didn't get it was b/c he just couldn't afford it. Tells me the location and i hightail it. I went by and there are small amounts of rust which is mainly in the trunk near the battery. It has a clean title but probably a small fender bender on the back driver side (bondo). Engine is smooth (no overheating runs solid) 130k OG miles..got it up to about 85.. idled it for about 15 min.

It probably needs a solid tune (valve adj.. plugs/wires.. ect. )...... seats aren't too bad either. The rear has a rip and fronts just need a good cleaning... brakes are a bit squishy on the fronts.. springs are cut

It needs work i know that...but i am willing to do a bit at a time so im buying it Monday.. hes doing my e30 trade plus cash on top

interior will take some time.. but the car isn't bad for what it is.. plus i told myself if i ever came cross one that needed work..but for cheap id snatch it.. Its my dream..lol and i would kill myself if i didn't take it.. plus YOLO... (only time you will ever hear me say that..lol) other than the title.. :shifty

i have been up all night checking out this stuff and yes, VERY expensive is a understatement.. a head rebuild Alone is over 4 grand O_o... but i dont wanna half ass this sucker.. apparently there are right at or a bit over 700 of these cars on the road at this point in North America so it is a gem. The thing with this car is i don't expect it to be a car that i can throw a grand or 2 at... like my e30 and have a clean solid example. .. it will take time.. and i know and understand that..

the thing about this car to me.. is what it represents.. i have longed for this car since i was able to drive.. and bringing it back to life over the next few years for me will be half the fun.. I have been in a relationship with BMW's long enough to know that they can (and probably will be HUGE money pits) and the bigger the price tag at showroom the deeper the pit over time..

but in this case i am in for the long haul.. a lot of ppl hear me talk about this car.. and i told ppl i would never sell my e30 unless this exact car came about..Well... its here. and i would never forgive myself if i didn't take the chance to grab one.. ppl talk about certain cars as their dream car.. that are a LOT higher priced.. well this is mine.. and i wont be like so many others who pass stuff like this by...

my e30 for reference

sigpic"God made cars to be RWD and standard"

Nice, my dream car as well. E28 ///M5
    -Andy

Comment

Congrats man this is how I feel about the E34 M5! Glad you can get your dream car man it must feel great.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

seriously i havent thought about anything else all week..lol just gotta make it through this weekend.. lol never thought i would get it at this point ill have pictures in the next day or so gonna test drive it again 2morrow just to be sure..

Comment

Friend of mine bought his when it was traded in... back in 89 or 90. Still DD's it to this day. Solid cars.
          definitely worth pursuing.

Comment

Ahh, the S38, my dream engine (in general, not for the E30....).

Good luck!
            sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

Hell of a little cars. Don't blame you at all, just don't half-ass it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                Hell of a little cars. Don't blame you at all, just don't half-ass it.
                dont plan too at all

Comment

I expect full updates when ever you do anything to it with pictures, lots of pictures.

Originally posted by blunttech
                  Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

I know of one sitting in a drive way. Covered in webs. Won't tell anyone the location until I'm able to take a crack at it & get more info. Patiently awaiting the day though. Hopefully it's real & not as bad as it looks.

Seems like your dreams realized & I wish u luck. Yolo

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                      I expect full updates when ever you do anything to it with pictures, lots of pictures.
                      Day i get it there will be quite a few i promise..lol

Comment

Working...
                      X