About to purchase my first E28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to purchase my first E28

I found a car locally however the owner says that there is a battery drain due to the fan staying turned on after the car is off. I'm not sure if this is in fact the case but what could it be? How easy of a fix is it? Also what else should I look out for when looking to buy an E28?

- Thanks

Its an E30 underneath pretty much.

Trim / interior stuff is not as durable and those kind of parts are harder to find.

99% of the time on an old e28 the battery drain is the rear antenna or the gauge cluster batteries are fried.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
      Its an E30 underneath pretty much.

Trim / interior stuff is not as durable and those kind of parts are harder to find.

99% of the time on an old e28 the battery drain is the rear antenna or the gauge cluster batteries are fried.
      What sort of interior stuff is a problem and the fuses for the rear antenna can just be removed in order to stop that correct?

Comment

Or just unplug it

Seats, trim, etc Seats love to twist/bend

25 year old cars

Comment

E28 owner for 20 years & E30 for 18 years here - never has a seat twist in either. E28 leather is more durable than E30 vinyl, but both are very good quality. Plenty of parts are available new or used.
          Battery drain could be due to trunk or glove box light staying on. You can pull the white wire from the back of the radio = power antenna lead.
          Dead cluster batteries can cause gauge problems.

Comment

Originally posted by John in VA View Post
            E28 owner for 20 years & E30 for 18 years here - never has a seat twist in either. E28 leather is more durable than E30 vinyl, but both are very good quality. Plenty of parts are available new or used.
            Battery drain could be due to trunk or glove box light staying on. You can pull the white wire from the back of the radio = power antenna lead.
            Dead cluster batteries can cause gauge problems.
            Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X