E30 Front Springs on E34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Front Springs on E34

Was in the garage last night and compared OEM E30 springs to OEM E34 springs.

they are near identical, just the 5's are a coil longer

I have a set of unused ST E30 springs, I am thinking about tyring to install the front springs in the 5 just for fun one day. Currently my car has H&R sports front and back.

The spring rates would be stiffer on the E30 springs. HST springs for a E34 have a front rate of 138 lbs/inch while the E30 ST springs have a rate of roughly 180 or 250lbs/inch.

Just a thought.

Let us know how it works, seems the weight difference between the two would not work so great...
    1988 BMW 535is - 5spd - H&R - POS

Comment

on paper it looks good, Im sure real world not so much

just an idea really

Comment

You must have a lot of spare time and a different meaning of "fun" than I. I despise suspension work, everything turns into a big ordeal.

In for updates though, if you do try it. GL!
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I did it for about 2 months. I didn't notice a whole lot of difference.
          Originally posted by LJ851
          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

^ were you slammed up front?

Comment

It was in between e34 stock springs and the vogtlands I have now. Keep in mind this was on a touring as well.
              Originally posted by LJ851
              I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Working...
              X