Advice on e24 please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on e24 please

I hope it's okay that I post about this here. I've always loved e24s but they're never for sale around here, but I just saw this one and I want it:

Should I hold out for a later model e24 like a 635? Like I said, these rarely pop up locally, and the price seems really low to me. I had an '85 535i and was really impressed with how it drove and looked, considering its mileage and condition.

Buying this car puts me at 4 cars total next to my 3 e30s, and I can only fit two cars in my garage for the winter.
    My Feedback

A 633 is nothing special, engine wise. They had hotter cams than the b34s, so they were a bit peakier but overall had less torque. That one looks like it's in decent shape, but if I was buying another six, I'd look for an e28-based euro or 88/89 world-bumpered 635.

Are you looking for a six to modify, or drive around stock?
    cars beep boop

Comment

635s are fast , i don't think they are super rare id hold out
      88 325is Five Speed
      Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        A 633 is nothing special, engine wise. They had hotter cams than the b34s, so they were a bit peakier but overall had less torque. That one looks like it's in decent shape, but if I was buying another six, I'd look for an e28-based euro or 88/89 world-bumpered 635.

Are you looking for a six to modify, or drive around stock?
        What's different about a e28-based euro compared to this one? I'd leave it mostly stock and just enjoy having a fun, unique car to drive every day. I really don't want to deal with rust, however, which makes this car appealing (along with the price and stated mechanical condition).

btw, is the price fair?
        My Feedback

Comment

This is an e28-based one. e12-based ones are <82. 2K seems like a fair price, this car seems to have had a good home in the past and sounds taken care of.
          cars beep boop

Comment

First off, I am a e24 nut and have owned many and still have a '81 euro 635csi so I am a bit biased. This looks like a good car for the money, but you don't want to go cheap on these cars. I really love the early e12 based cars but the e28 chassis is very good too. I would hold out for either a early euro 635csi or a 85 or newer US or euro 635csi. If you want a 5-speed it is much easier to find one in an early car, most of the newer cars were auto's and very boring to drive IMO.

Again, this does look like a decent car for the money, but if I was you I would get more cash together and get a nicer one.

Euro cars are the best both in power and in looks!

Good luck man.
            '75 e12 euro hotrod
            '81 euro 635csi
            '91 m5
            Brent Kemi
            bk_burnout@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X