New to me 83 528e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your pedal box will not fit.

Look for a Sport wheel off a early 535i.
    If you want a M tech wheel prepare to pay alot. Your B25 off your e30 is a much higher HP engine.

Comment

I was afraid the pedals wouldn't swap. Id actually like to trade my small m-tech I fine spline for a coarse spline if such a creature exists.

I may just swap some parts with my spare rover 4hp22. Its a pretty tight trans and I believe has better (lower) ratios plus its a 4 spd which should make the e28 a freeway flier. I am really enjoying the economy and smoothness of this 528!
      I can't believe the eta runs so good! Its gutless off the line with this auto but damn, it has some legs on the highway!
      Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2
      '82 633CSi (euro) Jaws!
      '84 318i, project?
      '05 745li, DD when it wants to be...
      '87 Corolla FX16, old faithful
      '89 V1500 Suburban, GP rig
      '69 Columbia 36 MkI, retirement home.

Comment

Coarse spline are pretty rare and quite expensive compared to fine spline. A good mtech coarse spline will probably run you 250-400 dollars.

Early pedal box have the round brake light connector opposed to the square... I have a 5 speed swap write up for the 3hp22 trans that I will hopefully soon upload to mye28.

All the swaps I saw were for 4hp, and there are a few small differences that can really put a wrench in your gears if you follow the other guides.

Comment

I dont know if it's been stated but you can use nearer 5 series brakes and rotors.
          you have to run a bigger wheel.
          I know this because I had them on my last e28
          You have Honda = I talk shit

Comment

also swap in something sick, go 24 valve broski
            You have Honda = I talk shit

Comment

Supercharge.
              Originally posted by Andy.B
              Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
              1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
              ~~~~~~~~~~
              I was born on 3/25…
              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

If the car wasn't so original I might consider a wild swap but id like to keep its appearance as factory original as I can. Plus I want something dependable and comfy with a little more kick than the b27. Super chargeing is something id consider. I think it would be easy to hide it where the power steering pump is and that would be easy to plumb discreetly too!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using Tapatalk 2
                '82 633CSi (euro) Jaws!
                '84 318i, project?
                '05 745li, DD when it wants to be...
                '87 Corolla FX16, old faithful
                '89 V1500 Suburban, GP rig
                '69 Columbia 36 MkI, retirement home.

Comment

Working...
                X