e34 Steering wheel options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e34 Steering wheel options?

What is everyone's favorite after market or BMW steering wheel for the e34? I know the MTech 1 and 2 can be fitted. I like the look of the MT2 wheel but Id like to go with a wood wheel.
    I also dont like the idea of putting a "sport" wheel in my touring. It just doesnt seam right. Like wearing running shoes with a business suit.
    Do any companies make new wood or leather steering wheels that would look good and feel comfortable in a big 5 series? I dont feel like spending $250-300 on a used wheel that will need work to look good again if I can get a new wheel for the same price.
    I checked MOMO and Sparco but they seam to only make fast looking sport steering wheels.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

MT2 are my favorite wheels for e34. Otherwise I would go Alpina and if you want wood, look at Nardi. They will cost you more than $250-300 though.
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah its looking like MT2 will be the best option. I look at some Alpina stuff. Nardi is a bit to old school looking I think. They look good in a 2002 and some look good in an e30 but I feel like they dont really fit in a 90's car.
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

AC Schnitzer? They are classy.

ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Id buy that in a flash if it had not have been drilled so badly.
          sigpic

Comment

Badly?

It works. Not pretty but I think can be cleaned up nicely. Still works. And folks fill and drill wheels. A steering wheel takes much less abuse.

Just offering up an option that fit your idea. I'll leave now.
            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I didnt mean to offend you and I think its a cool wheel, but who ever did that drilling did it very poorly. Not saying it wont work well or that the steering wheel will fail.
              Thanks for letting me know about it.
              sigpic

Comment

4 spoke E36 M3 is a popular choice.Thumb grips, tri colored stitching.

I have a 95 540i M-Sport wheel on my 91.

Comment

Thanks
                  sigpic

Comment

Personally, I want a sport II wheel.

Comment

there's an OE Nardi "wood-line" that you can occasionally find on eBay.de that's very cool. I had a similar nardi 'blackline' on my m5 for a couple years.

Comment

Working...
                      X