Considering an e28...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering an e28...

I have not spent much time in an e30 but the short time I had in one (my project has not moved under its own power yet) tells me they are fun.

But I am a big guy. And since I am now commuting a butt load of miles a day, I am thinking I want something more comfortable. I have an m30b35 ready to drop into an e28 if I should elect to get one.

Hence this post.

How much more room is there in an e28 vs an e30? I have read that they make great daily drivers.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

6'4" here. I find the e28 comfort seats to be quite nice even on a long drive. The arm rest gets lots of use. Leg room is good too. Telescoping steering column is a nice feature, but doesn't seem to have a big adjustment range.

Comment

Originally posted by MoreMayhem View Post
      6'4" here. I find the e28 comfort seats to be quite nice even on a long drive. The arm rest gets lots of use. Leg room is good too. Telescoping steering column is a nice feature, but doesn't seem to have a big adjustment range.
      Awesome. Is there more shoulder room than in an e30?

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

not really. Just more rear and front leg room IMO
        If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Ahhh. That's a good piece of info. You know...I should go to the junk yard and climb in a few. Duh.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I would say there is definitely more shoulder room, especially with comfort seats. I often use the passenger side armrest to stretch out my right arm a bit. And the top edge of the door panel is much wider than an E30 and it is super comfortable spot to rest your left arm.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
            '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
            '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
            '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

So I went to the junkyard and sat in an e28, e34, e36 and e39. The e28 was not much larger than an e30 to me. All of the other three had much more room to me. I wear a size 52 shirt and 38 waist for reference.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

e34 > e28

The e28 feels like a really heavy e30 with not great steering. The e34 is a lot smoother and quieter, and better looking IMO.
                - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                  e34 > e28

The e28 feels like a really heavy e30 with not great steering. The e34 is a lot smoother and quieter, and better looking IMO.
                  Yeah that sounds right to me. I didn't like the placement of the door pillar on the e28 compared to the e34. This is where the e36 coupe stood out to me too. The door pillar was much farther back than the e30 door pillar.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                  X