90 535i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 535i

I am picking up a 90 535i 5 speed next week. Pretty excited. It has working ac and a lot of records. Just wanted to share. Will post pictures when i get it home.
    Last edited by kye; 06-07-2015, 09:07 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0349.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	7177123
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0348.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	7177124

Picked it up yesterday just in time considering it's been close to a 100 degrees for a week.

I love it so far. Much smoother than my 93 525i S50 and it cruises at almost 2k less at freeway speeds. Very interesting considering it has 200k more miles than the s50 lol.

Comment

very rad. i hope to do a m30/5speed in my touring one day.
      is yours auto?
      WTB:m60b40 in PNW
      Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
      92 525it 5 speed.
      80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Manual. Ive been looking for months, pretty much since i sold my 97 540i 6 speed. I gave in with this one cause the ac was cold and i was sick of waiting for a bettter one. A 535i 5 speed touring would be proper.

Comment

Nice pick up! i recently passed on a super nice '94 530i w/ a 5spd because of the 3.0 V8. Had all records from day one and was in fantastic shape, but have read nothing great about that motor. If it had the M30, would be in my garage right now.
          "A BMW that needs nothing, has an owner that's not paying attention."

Comment

I have the very same car with 421K miles. Mine's had a bit harder life in the Midwest but the thing just keeps on going.

Comment

[QUOTE=ahlem;4428408]I have the very same car with 421K miles. Mine's had a bit harder life in the Midwest but the thing just keeps on going.[/QUOTE

This makes me feel great about my purchase. Thank you.

Comment

OP good find. the manual trans is key to a happy e34 ownership.

Originally posted by jllphan View Post
                Nice pick up! i recently passed on a super nice '94 530i w/ a 5spd because of the 3.0 V8. Had all records from day one and was in fantastic shape, but have read nothing great about that motor. If it had the M30, would be in my garage right now.
                nah, the m60b30 is a great little motor. they are pretty well matched. yes, the v8s take a little more labor to maintain, but they are almost as bullet proof as the m30s, having no problem going 300k+ miles. the 3.0 has slightly more power, and definitely better gas mileage than the m30. also, swapping to the 4.0 is plug and play, so when you get the urge for more power, its easy to add the 80hp.

Comment

Working...
                X