Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if I should BUY it?

THE AD SAYS:
    has lowering springs and struts, bumperless in the front but comes with a front bumper, 528e 5spd, super fuel efficient, 266km on it, driving wise it is a 9/10, it does need a little body work though unless you would be going for the ratty look
    The car is located in Ontario, Canada. It does need a bit of body work. Its manual. The interior isnt in the best shape. I will be using this car to travel 25km daily. The asking price was $1,500 canadian. I brought it down to $1000. Do you think this is a good price for a car in this kind of shape.

Thanks
    Attached Files

hard to say, have you driven it? Does it ride, stop, and go well?
    sigpic

Comment

no, i found it online and haven't looked at it yet.
      If i go and look at the car what should I look for.

Comment

rot in the rear quarters from underneath. rot in the rockers. check front end out, tie rods control arm bushings. exhaust hangars, etc. I basically go over the entire car when i go to purchase. You have to look at what your going to have to spend to get it to the point where you can drive it safely versus spending more up front and getting something you can drive. Has the timing belt been down, if not you better do that before you waste the head and valves
        sigpic

Comment

timing belt should be done every four years or 40k
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstudent View Post
            timing belt should be done every four years or 40k
            Sure, if you live in the desert, drive your car half a dozen times per year and keep it outside.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              Sure, if you live in the desert, drive your car half a dozen times per year and keep it outside.
              or have cam seal and front main leaks,
              sigpic

Comment

$1000 isnt a bad deal for a daily beater, i wouldn't go in to it planing on making it a head turning show car unless you want to lay down a lot of money, but if its just cheap reliable transport i say go for it
                WTB:m60b40 in PNW
                Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
                92 525it 5 speed.
                80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Working...
                X